• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The recording CNBC I set disappeared but checked this morning and the Olympic one was there so set to the Olympic channel. The problem with that is I have the 2nd generation DVR from Comcrap and when I replay on SD the fast forward and rewind are kind of wonky as they jump not so evenly BUT the HD Rewind and Fast Forward are terrible you can run it for ten seconds on occasion on 2x forward and have it jump ten minutes ahead. UGH to go forward on HD I have to hit the > fast forward button twice to get to 3x but then immediately hit play so it will only jump about a minute. But even that can get you jumped ahead by 3 or 4 minutes and give you a spoiler when you don't want it to. I have a new jingle for "Comcrap".... It's "Comcraptastic!" or if you will their other name they go by Xfinity, "CrapFinity". It looks like the CNBC will broadcast on weekends which has an SD alternative which is fine by me, but we will see it it is there tomorrow.

The recording CNBC I set disappeared but checked this morning and the Olympic one was there so set to the Olympic channel. The problem with that is I have the 2nd generation DVR from Comcrap and when I replay on SD the fast forward and rewind are kind of wonky as they jump not so evenly BUT the HD Rewind and Fast Forward are terrible you can run it for ten seconds on occasion on 2x forward and have it jump ten minutes ahead. UGH to go forward on HD I have to hit the > fast forward button twice to get to 3x but then immediately hit play so it will only jump about a minute. But even that can get you jumped ahead by 3 or 4 minutes and give you a spoiler when you don't want it to. I have a new jingle for "Comcrap".... It's "Comcraptastic!" or if you will their other name they go by Xfinity, "CrapFinity". It looks like the CNBC will broadcast on weekends which has an SD alternative which is fine by me, but we will see it it is there tomorrow.

It's Olympic channel on weekdays and CNBC on weekends at least on DISH. CNBC starts at 10AM and OC repeats at 4PM and 10PM.

You need to upgrade your dvr. Do they charge for an equipment upgrade? I'm on my 3rd DISH dvr in 8 years, never cost me a cent. When a new model comes out you are offered it. They asked for a nominal charge ($15) but I convinced them to waive it :).

Last edited:
It's Olympic channel on weekdays and CNBC on weekends at least on DISH. CNBC starts at 10AM and OC repeats at 4PM and 10PM.

You need to upgrade your dvr. Do they charge for an equipment upgrade? I'm on my 3rd DISH dvr in 8 years, never cost me a cent. When a new model comes out you are offered it. They asked for a nominal charge ($15) but I convinced them to waive it :).

The level which I have includes a sports package that get you NHL, NFL, Baseball networks, CBS sports which has sports car racing and other stuff I want plus some colege channels for 10 bucks.... If I upgraded it would cost me a lot more plus they have that speaker in a remote control.... On Principle I don't want surveillance tech. in my residence. I have my speaker turned off on laptop and camera blocked... That's just me but would be good for everyone to do, but like I said that's me. There is no reason for the DVR to fast forward badly unless a possible reason is to make it harder to fast forward commercials (that's just a guess)

Has anyone gotten the Highest level? I'm wondering if there are no commercials at that level. It doesn't matter much with flat stages but when the race gets interesting ads are dreadfully annoying!
I have Peacock premium but still get the ads. Not what I had signed up for but I'm glad they are streaming the Vuelta at all!

EDIT: Now that I remember, during the Tour Peacock had a regular feed and then a separate one without ads that you paid extra for. They're not doing that for the Vuelta.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I have Peacock premium but still get the ads. Not what I had signed up for but I'm glad they are streaming the Vuelta at all!
I have Premium also, it's the one you need to have just to get cycling. PLUS is the highest and is supposed to be ad free*
*Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events, and a few shows and movies).
I'll bet the Vuelta is one of the * ones as the weekday show times are exactly the same as the TV times.
But if someone has PLUS and there are no ads in it, I'll give them yet another $5 to get it.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
I did a chat this is what I was told.

'I wanted to inform you that Vuelta race is a live event so it will still have ads on Premium Plus. However, a Premium Plus subscription will reduce the overall amounts you see on Peacock.'

She also said I'd get the entire stage not just the last 2 hours.

Since tomorrow is a rest day I'll wait and see if anyone here has Premium Plus and what they have to say.

I did a chat this is what I was told.

'I wanted to inform you that Vuelta race is a live event so it will still have ads on Premium Plus. However, a Premium Plus subscription will reduce the overall amounts you see on Peacock.'

She also said I'd get the entire stage not just the last 2 hours.

Since tomorrow is a rest day I'll wait and see if anyone here has Premium Plus and what they have to say.

Except that everyone with premium has received the races without commercials all year. The entire stage was shown on premium and was commercial free until the telecast started. The idiot you chatted with is a first class dumbass

Except that everyone with premium has received the races without commercials all year. The entire stage was shown on premium and was commercial free until the telecast started. The idiot you chatted with is a first class dumbass

All year when the race wasn't live but on delay or for the Tour when they had 2 full feeds. Friday we had all commercials and TV started the same time as peacock. Tomorrow you'll notice both tv and peacock start at the same time, 9AM, so it'll have all the commercials. But yesterday and today we had full stage prior to live TV with no commercials. The commercials started when the TV broadcast came on. So it seems to be whether it's on live or not.
She's telling me I'll get the full stage and limited commercials. Which I bet is when the TV show starts at 9AM.
Hey I can afford $5 to find out if no one here has PLUS. I think either Escarabajo or Potomac does. Worse thing that happens is I wasted another $5!

All year when the race wasn't live but on delay or for the Tour when they had 2 full feeds. Friday we had all commercials and TV started the same time as peacock. Tomorrow you'll notice both tv and peacock start at the same time, 9AM, so it'll have all the commercials. But yesterday and today we had full stage prior to live TV with no commercials. The commercials started when the TV broadcast came on. So it seems to be whether it's on live or not.
She's telling me I'll get the full stage and limited commercials. Which I bet is when the TV show starts at 9AM.
Hey I can afford $5 to find out if no one here has PLUS. I think either Escarabajo or Potomac does. Worse thing that happens is I wasted another $5!

When when the other races came on the TV live, peacock remained commercial free.

This is a change for the Vuelta

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS