• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't hate you, this is my 3rd year doing it. Great coverage on GCN without the hassle and only $50 per year.
Previously I only got Peacock in the months that had road bike races but they had a sale for the year at $30. So I got that. I don't know when my year expires but I've found other original content plus theater movies I've liked so I used it all year :)

Peacock will only be from P-N through the Vuelta for me.

If you are a cycling fan in the US You would not survive without GCN or Peacock. I don't understand what is the deal with some of the classics that are not shown in neither one but are shown in Flobikes. I don't understand why can't they just buy the rights for the US. I understand that Flobikes is part of a bigger Sport organization, so they don't depend on that. But I doubt they are making any profit on cycling outside Canada. But I am just talking without any support, just gut feeling.

If you are a cycling fan in the US You would not survive without GCN or Peacock. I don't understand what is the deal with some of the classics that are not shown in neither one but are shown in Flobikes. I don't understand why can't they just buy the rights for the US. I understand that Flobikes is part of a bigger Sport organization, so they don't depend on that. But I doubt they are making any profit on cycling outside Canada. But I am just talking without any support, just gut feeling.
Flobikes content is slowly diminishing. Hopefully they close up shop on cycling in the USA and GCN picks everything they carried up!

I use VPN+GCN, is there a way to change language within that or go through something else with the VPN?
If you don’t need an English broadcast you can go to the web stream being shown live by the primary cycling broadcaster for most big cycling countries: Eurosport.fr (France), RTBF.be (Belgian French broadcast), Sporza.be (Belgian Dutch-language broadcasts), NOS.nl (Dutch), RAI.it (Italian), etc

Just FYI for Milano San Remo.....We Americans have sprung our clocks ahead before Europe.
Yes, The Europe.

So instead of the normal 6 hours, it is 5 hours.

MSR will be finishing around noon American time. Which means East Coast. The hinterlands will use their pioneer spirit and do the math for their remote time zones.
I always welcome this brief window of opportunity so that (on the west coast) I don’t have to get up quite as early to watch the last few hours of a race.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
That is the main miss opportunity for GCN this year and last year as well. The Tour de Flanders. Only in Tiz Cycling. But it is not easy, because for that day they send all the Internet troops to block any free stream available in the internet. LOL. So it is VPN in the USA only.
Flobikes owns the exclusive broadcasting rights until the end of 2024, at least:

I was watching a soccer game with VPN at a friends house and it was the most boring thing with the images freezing up all the time. The funny thing is that they always make fun of me for spending extra money in GCN plus. Additionally I did not like resolution. I am not sure if it was a poor provider or what!!

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS