• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have no experience with using it from the US, but from Europe, as mentioned before, I use Smart DNS Proxy. After signing up, they provide a DNS address you just need to add to your router, set things up on their website, and then you can access all supported streams without ever having to do something again.

So you can switch from (for example), Sporza to Rai as you like, without having to change your VPN from Belgium to Italy, and all non-streaming platforms are still accessed from your normal IP. it also works for Smart TV Apps, Kodi, and so on (for Sporza I personally use Kodi on my TV)

So which VPN do people use here in the USA?
I read somewhere that GCN in an example was using ExpressVPN.
But I want to know what people use here before I make a mistake.
Thanks,
I've had ExpressVPN since the start of the pandemic and it's always worked fine--mainly I'm watching streams from Europsport.fr (cycling, skiing, occasional futbol) or RTBF.be (road and cross), so I don't know if other broadcasters have problems. For really big-deal events (World Cup 1st rounds) I noticed I sometimes had to switch my VPN "location" from one city to another (e.g., from Paris to Strasbourg) to reconnect when the first link is closed down. But that's never happened to me with cycling since they're obviously less concerned about viewers circumventing the broadcast rights.

I've had ExpressVPN since the start of the pandemic and it's always worked fine--mainly I'm watching streams from Europsport.fr (cycling, skiing, occasional futbol) or RTBF.be (road and cross), so I don't know if other broadcasters have problems. For really big-deal events (World Cup 1st rounds) I noticed I sometimes had to switch my VPN "location" from one city to another (e.g., from Paris to Strasbourg) to reconnect when the first link is closed down. But that's never happened to me with cycling since they're obviously less concerned about viewers circumventing the broadcast rights.
Thanks!
I'll be checking that one.

Reactions: Sandisfan
PR is on Flobikes :( I wish that place would just close up and GCN takes their races! Even if I have to suffer Kirby!
For the love of all that is aero I thought I was all set for P-R by subscribing to GCN+ and I already had Peacock premium, I am not subscribing to flobikes as well! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I'll have to give ExpressVPN a trial and then just get my money back, come hell or high water there is no way I'm missing P-R!

For the love of all that is aero I thought I was all set for P-R by subscribing to GCN+ and I already had Peacock premium, I am not subscribing to flobikes as well! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I'll have to give ExpressVPN a trial and then just get my money back, come hell or high water there is no way I'm missing P-R!

PR is on peacock and CNBC

RVV was the Flobikes race

PR is on peacock and CNBC

RVV was the Flobikes race
Bless your heart, I just found it listed on CNBC (haven't checked Peacock yet), I don't even care how many commercials I have to sit through as long as I get my annual P-R fix!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

EDIT: Just checked and Peacock will be streaming P-R as well, so no need to sign up for a VPN just yet.

Last edited:
I am assuming that everyone in the states have peacock becuase of the Tour de France. Having said that they have ASO rights. They will broadcast Fleche and Liege as well.

Flobikes have those rights as well because of viewers in Canada. If you live in the States you must have Peacock and GCN. You will miss very few races. The big one was Flanders. But the rest are covered in the other 2 for the most part.

I am assuming that everyone in the states have peacock becuase of the Tour de France. Having said that they have ASO rights. They will broadcast Fleche and Liege as well.

Flobikes have those rights as well because of viewers in Canada. If you live in the States you must have Peacock and GCN. You will miss very few races. The big one was Flanders. But the rest are covered in the other 2 for the most part.

Exactly, NBC/Peacock have always had Fleche and LBL. They'll just put it up at the last minute to make us sweat it out!!! But now they are advertising the schedule YEAH!!!!

Reactions: Tricycle Rider