Cycling V Rugby..a slightly different take!

Jan 20, 2011
352
0
0
I really not sure how cycling got into the position of sacrificial lamb to the altar of clean sport. But it's not good.
 
Sanitiser said:
I really not sure how cycling got into the position of sacrificial lamb to the altar of clean sport. But it's not good.
Its the "burn it to the ground" sentiment shared by a lot of posters on here.
I agree with the concept, but unless all sports have the same ruthless attitude, we will end up with a dead sport while others prosper. The administration behind Rugby, Tennis, Football etc understand that they are there to promote entertainment, not to create a sanctuary for the innocent.

Cycling is the whippng boy of sports because the powers that be were too slow to realise the effect of opening their doors so freely to the anti doping world.
Other sports were not so slow.
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
0
0
Paul Kimmage is a huge rugby-fan.
He even did a nice book.

Engage
From the build-up to the dreadful day, to Matt's recuperation, to his struggle to adjust to normal life again, to his family and friends, to other tragic incidents on the rugby field, to the response of the RFU, this is a story of terrible sadness yet unadorned triumph and joy, of anger yet of reconciliation and peace ...of a boy who became a man.


Ohhhh, makes someone nearly cry. He should have written "Not about the bike" with Lance.
Anything about doping in rugby or any signs that he is chasing the dark lord of this clean sport ? I would appreciate that.
 
Jan 20, 2011
352
0
0
andy1234 said:
Its the "burn it to the ground" sentiment shared by a lot of posters on here.
I agree with the concept, but unless all sports have the same ruthless attitude, we will end up with a dead sport while others prosper. The administration behind Rugby, Tennis, Football etc understand that they are there to promote entertainment, not to create a sanctuary for the innocent.

Cycling is the whippng boy of sports because the powers that be were too slow to realise the effect of opening their doors so freely to the anti doping world.
Other sports were not so slow.
To be fair, Tom Simpson's death had a lot with cleaning up the sport I think. It had to be done but should of been done behind closed doors. At least for the first infraction.
 
Cobblestoned said:
Paul Kimmage is a huge rugby-fan.
He even did a nice book.

Engage
From the build-up to the dreadful day, to Matt's recuperation, to his struggle to adjust to normal life again, to his family and friends, to other tragic incidents on the rugby field, to the response of the RFU, this is a story of terrible sadness yet unadorned triumph and joy, of anger yet of reconciliation and peace ...of a boy who became a man.


Ohhhh, makes someone nearly cry. He should have written "Not about the bike" with Lance.
Anything about doping in rugby or any signs that he is chasing the dark lord of this clean sport ? I would appreciate that.
I hear he has written something else that will make you cry.;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS