• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Dauphine Libere - Prologue - 6th June

A

Anonymous

Guest
prolm.jpg

prolP.gif

Startlist
Live Feeds

Probably contador is overwhelming favourite for the prologue.. Personally would like to see Gee get top ten, maybe podium. Dave Millar is also very much targetting the prologue.
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Visit site
Thanks Team Sky Fans. Contador posted a pic that's apparently the view from behind the hotel. The helicopter shots should really be spectacular.

http://tweetphoto.com/25696412

I'll be rooting for Contador as usual, but in a relaxed way for this one. I really just want to see how well his teammates do. For eight days I'm going to forget about all forms of cheating, and just enjoy the sport.
 
Mar 12, 2009
2,521
0
0
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Probably contador is overwhelming favourite for the prologue.. Personally would like to see Gee get top ten, maybe podium. Dave Millar is also very much targetting the prologue.

Who is Gee?
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Visit site
A few small articles are appearing from Contador's press conference. Piecing a few together, he said he's "under construction" right now, and his focus will be to test out a new, smaller TT bike in the Prologue and ITT. It's supposed to take advantage of the way he "dances" on the pedals and be really good for pace changes.

Edit:

"My main aim here is to put in some base miles in preparation for the Tour," said Contador, who has not raced since he finished 10th at the Liege-Bastogne-Liege classic at the end of April.

"I'm getting better every day but I really don't have the form to contend overall victory here. That means I'll be more relaxed in the mountains than usual."

Having since spent time in a wind tunnel perfecting his time trial position, he will get the chance to test a new, "more compact" machine for real on stage three's race against the clock from Monteux to Sorgues.

"More than anything I want to see what I can do on the time trial bike because we haven't had a lot of time thus far to test it on the road," said the Spaniard.

"I haven't looked at the start list but I know that Menchov and Sanchez will be in the fight for overall victory, plus there's RadioShack, who have Zubeldia and Horner, so it will be far from easy," added Contador.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hE7aTr7xJkz7Ei7uzxMCPkcG1UyA
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
peloton said:
Who is Gee?

Sorry, GT, Gee = geraint thomas.. I thought he would do more in other prologues but seems to be around that top ten range, although with his form aimed for the tour, maybe he will perform slightly better this time around.

I cant see Edvald having the legs for this, and its going to be interested to see how he gets on through the dauphine, his tour ride could well depend on it. Personally, as said before, I think this year is too soon for EbH to ride the tour anyway., Id rather see Stannard go.
 
TeamSkyFans said:
Sorry, GT, Gee = geraint thomas.. I thought he would do more in other prologues but seems to be around that top ten range, although with his form aimed for the tour, maybe he will perform slightly better this time around.

I cant see Edvald having the legs for this, and its going to be interested to see how he gets on through the dauphine, his tour ride could well depend on it. Personally, as said before, I think this year is too soon for EbH to ride the tour anyway., Id rather see Stannard go.

I can't imagine Eddy's going to the Tour anymore, his fitness level was so woeful at the Bayern tour, he's surely now looking at going for stages at points at the Vuelta.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I can't imagine Eddy's going to the Tour anymore, his fitness level was so woeful at the Bayern tour, he's surely now looking at going for stages at points at the Vuelta.

Still in with a shout apparently. I hope not, would much rather see Stannard and Flecha battle for a stage win over the cobbles and support Wiggins in that first week. Someone will lose the TDF in the first seven days.

But anyway.. Dauphine.. we are getting sidetracked
 

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
386
0
0
Visit site
ebh shouldnt do tour but if he does he will either peak in final week and struggle a lot early or struggle so much that he only lasts a week anyway
 
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I can't imagine Eddy's going to the Tour anymore, his fitness level was so woeful at the Bayern tour, he's surely now looking at going for stages at points at the Vuelta.
At bayern he wasn't allowed to push hard at all, and in the TT he was just chilling obviously. If his achilles is fine now so he can start some real, hard training at last, he will find form really quickly.
 
Jul 23, 2009
148
0
0
Visit site
Use "contact us", not the forums.

The forum is for important business, like calling Cadel Evans a loser and a girly-man and accusing Lance Armstrong of injecting EPO into his eyeballs every day for the last 20 years.
 
maltiv said:
At bayern he wasn't allowed to push hard at all, and in the TT he was just chilling obviously. If his achilles is fine now so he can start some real, hard training at last, he will find form really quickly.

So he can avoid training of any substance whatsoever for 2 months, and then just find form really quickly. If so his training patterns are horribly arranged and he doesn't peak in any meaningful sense whatsoever.


N.b (L)Eddy(L), but seriously, going and dominating the Vuelta, before winning the first of his 6 world championships would be far better for him.
 
Jun 6, 2010
2
0
0
Visit site
hey everyone
im new to this...

I was just wondering whether luis leon sanchez was racing in the prologue tonight??...i heard he had an accident the other day
 
May 15, 2009
843
0
0
Visit site
dragonfan said:
hey everyone
im new to this...

I was just wondering whether luis leon sanchez was racing in the prologue tonight??...i heard he had an accident the other day

LLS changed his schedule. He will go to TdS.