• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Ronde van Vlaanderen (270.8 km), 2024 March 31 (Sunday)

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm doing the Flandrien Classic this summer, though I have done the last 180km once already of the route a couple of years back. Thanks for your detailed findings, I remember Koppenberg being by far the hardest one and I found the cobbled sections more annoying than I expected.

I'm doing the Flandrien Classic this summer, though I have done the last 180km once already of the route a couple of years back. Thanks for your detailed findings, I remember Koppenberg being by far the hardest one and I found the cobbled sections more annoying than I expected.
Possibly the most understated application of the word "annoying" that I have ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: Keldergoat
Lmao, the cobbled sections could indeed be described as annoying. Nevertheless, it was a very valuable experience, so now I know how hard they actually are and how much I actually hate doing them compared to the bergs which was great fun to me. It probably also depends a bit on how you are built etc, and people have different preferences, but I do think most people who was not raised in these particular regions feel the same about the cobbled sections lol.

So going back again next year, I will just try to avoid as many of those as I possibly can and just do all the climbs. And well, on race day you close your eyes, hope for the best and pray that your bike and your arms will hold up.