• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in Austria

Let's start this thread with a quote of the president of Austria's skiing federation Peter Schröcksnadel "Austria is a too small country to do good doping"
Well he certainly wasn't wrong as what Austrian athletes do can be called anything but good. Austria already had a long doping history and right now Austrian endurance athletes are falling like flies. What on earth is wrong here and how far can this scandal go?

Well, I just hope the Bora guys, Gogl and Haller didn't do anything as I actually really like them.

Oh and how come that Schröcksnadel is still in his position after this and all his stupid comments? Not that I am particularly suprised about that.

Re:

WKA311 said:
Well, I just hope the Bora guys, Gogl and Haller didn't do anything as I actually really like them.

Oh and how come that Schröcksnadel is still in his position after this and all his stupid comments? Not that I am particularly suprised about that.
Gogl DNS on the Openings Weenend. And one Bora guy who also DNS suddenly stopped uploading to Strava.

Re: Re:

Mr.38% said:
WKA311 said:

Gogl DNS on the Openings Weenend. And one Bora guy who also DNS suddenly stopped uploading to Strava.
Well that DNS came before the whole thing started at the nordic skiing worlds, so don't know how much we should read into this. But I definitely don't think this is over yet. Preidler clearly feared his blood would be found or in other words there was blood to be found and there was definitely more than just his.

Gigs_98 said:
Mr.38% said:
WKA311 said:

Well that DNS came before the whole thing started at the nordic skiing worlds, so don't know how much we should read into this. But I definitely don't think this is over yet. Preidler clearly feared his blood would be found or in other words there was blood to be found and there was definitely more than just his.
Nope.
https://twitter.com/TrekSegafredo/status/1101157035649843201

https://twitter.com/BORAhansgrohe/status/1100681614105948161
https://twitter.com/BORAhansgrohe/status/1100312272222736384

I truely hope, this is something else in Gogls case.

Mr.38% said:
Gigs_98 said:
Mr.38% said:
WKA311 said:

Nope.
https://twitter.com/TrekSegafredo/status/1101157035649843201

https://twitter.com/BORAhansgrohe/status/1100681614105948161
https://twitter.com/BORAhansgrohe/status/1100312272222736384

I truely hope, this is something else in Gogls case.
I thought you meant his dns in the tour du haut var. Still he had to abandon that race due to illness so this could be a reason for not starting this weekend.
What did you want to say with your bora links?

Apr 8, 2018
Visit site
Re:

Koronin said:
Can we hope this doesn't turn into another Operation Puerto? Not surprising this case is getting bigger, just hoping that it gets a resolution so we aren't still talking about 15 years later.

Considering no Germans or Austrians have been pumping out huge results in this decade, I doubt it'll be much, unless Kittel or Tony Martin are somehow involved

Re:

Koronin said:
Can we hope this doesn't turn into another Operation Puerto? Not surprising this case is getting bigger, just hoping that it gets a resolution so we aren't still talking about 15 years later.
I actually don't mind. The hypocracy in the sport has annoyed me more and more over the last years as everyone acts as if they are in a perfect world where dopers have gone extinct. At least this scandal has the potential to make people realize the sport is as dirty as ever

ecw445 said:
Koronin said:

Considering no Germans or Austrians have been pumping out huge results in this decade, I doubt it'll be much, unless Kittel or Tony Martin are somehow involved

I will be shocked if Kittel and Degenkolb aren't involved

Gigs_98 said:
Koronin said:
I actually don't mind. The hypocracy in the sport has annoyed me more and more over the last years as everyone acts as if they are in a perfect world where dopers have gone extinct. At least this scandal has the potential to make people realize the sport is as dirty as ever

I'm more referring to the fact that Operation Puerto is still on going as most names have never been released and most names are tied to soccer/football and track and field, plus tennis. That is what I'm hoping doesn't happen here.

GuyIncognito said:
ecw445 said:
Koronin said:

Yeah, the ties to Erfurt are pretty obvious, plus of course they share a past with Preidler at Team Giant which might or might not be a coincidence.
Koronin said:
Gigs_98 said:
Koronin said:

I'm more referring to the fact that Operation Puerto is still on going as most names have never been released and most names are tied to soccer/football and track and field, plus tennis. That is what I'm hoping doesn't happen here.
Okay that one I agree with and I'm actually relatively optimistic on that matter.

GuyIncognito said:
ecw445 said:
Koronin said:

Really?

Not going to happen...

TRENDING THREADS