Doping in Soccer/Football

Page 93 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Remarkably the victorious Italian Euro 2020 squad flew home to a base near Florence after their London semi-final - knowing they had a final in the same stadium five days later.
I thought coaches/managers of football teams hate travel/flights, in fact they are always moaning about it.
What was so important about flying to Italy and back when all the training facilities and accommodation they could possibly want are in England?
This has not been debated at all and is highly suspicious in my opinion.
There must have been something very special about those days near Florence to offset the two flights.
Maybe it was not only the aeroplanes that were 'refuelling'.
Breaking News: Men fly home from holiday

Remarkably the victorious Italian Euro 2020 squad flew home to a base near Florence after their London semi-final - knowing they had a final in the same stadium five days later.
I thought coaches/managers of football teams hate travel/flights, in fact they are always moaning about it.
What was so important about flying to Italy and back when all the training facilities and accommodation they could possibly want are in England?
This has not been debated at all and is highly suspicious in my opinion.
There must have been something very special about those days near Florence to offset the two flights.
Maybe it was not only the aeroplanes that were 'refuelling'.
Maybe they just didn’t want to spend 5 days in England.

ASK THE COMMUNITY