• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Eki frustrated by AC's comments

This whole thing is entering bizarro world - I see a full-scale PR offensive against Contador rolled out here. I don't think I've ever seen a TDF champion treated like this and I'm no fan of Contador. This is what happens when you offend and usurp "the face of cycling" (Lance Armstrong) I guess.

Also why does Eki expect Contador to say something nice about the team when asked about Lance Armstrong specifically? One thing is for sure I do think LA has guaranteed himself to NOT be receiving a cut of the winners pot from AC, not that he needs it! :D
 
Jun 18, 2009
2,079
2
0
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
This whole thing is entering bizarro world - I see a full-scale PR offensive against Contador rolled out here. I don't think I've ever seen a TDF champion treated like this and I'm no fan of Contador. This is what happens when you offend and usurp "the face of cycling" (Lance Armstrong) I guess.

Also why does Eki expect Contador to say something nice about the team when asked about Lance Armstrong specifically? One thing is for sure I do think LA has guaranteed himself to NOT be receiving a cut of the winners pot from AC, not that he needs it! :D

This is really a fight AC didn't need. He was good (and smart) at avoiding the media battle during the tour. I wouldn't want to get into a media battle with LA. His minions are ready...

And yes, it is getting bizzare.
 
Ninety5rpm said:
Eki, on twitter (typos fixed by me)



twitter.com/eki_ekimov

Wait a minute Ninety5, when the heck did you change your avatar to a naked picture of Lance?! Come on dude, there's being a fanboy and then there's being a stalker and you're getting close to the line! :D

(Disclaimer: the above statement should be taken as playfull ribbing and not a personal attack but for the love of God man please change that avatar)
 
richwagmn said:
This is really fight AC didn't want. He was good at avoiding the media battle during the tour. I wouldn't want to get into a media battle with LA.

And yes, it is getting bizzare.

Agreed, getting into a media ****ing match with LA is a losing proposition. Hopefully Contador realizes this and keeps quiet so I can stop reading about this sophmoric idiocy!
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
1
0
Visit site
ThisFrenchGuy said:
So every new twitter deserves his own thread (if not several)?

This is getting ridiculous: we get it, Contador "has lot to learn" and Armstrong "is not very likeable".

+100!! That was too short, so I had to write this.:rolleyes:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Publicus said:
Yawn! Another Radio Shack employee is siding with the boss? Shocking!!!

And really, how can he disagree with Contador? So Contador does personally admire Lance? There IS a personal relationship between the two? He will AlWAYS personally admire Lance?

You're right and Ekimov is wrong. Just another long time bike racer that has no perspective or resume for that matter. Clearly Eki isn't on your level...

At least you down swinging, I'll give you that.
 
It must be great to have all your mates on Twitter to back you up. Would this be the same Ekimov who Lance personally requested to be re-signed by US Postal after he had left the team in 98 and then rode with Lance until he retired.

When somebody not connected in some way with Lance actually twitters something negative on Contador, we will listen, until then we can just ignore everything.
 
Jul 23, 2009
22
0
0
Visit site
Tweets and twittering !!!! Am I alone in thinking all this is a bizarre way for adults to behave?

I am totally sick of the Lance and Bertie show and there is nothing to it but the fct that they don't like each other which they are not obliged to do.
 
Scott SoCal said:
You're right and Ekimov is wrong. Just another long time bike racer that has no perspective or resume for that matter. Clearly Eki isn't on your level...

At least you down swinging, I'll give you that.

Scott, do you have a crush on me? Go ahead admit it. It happens a lot to me, so I'm use to it. :p
 
Mar 18, 2009
2,442
0
0
Visit site
tigerboy said:
Tweets and twittering !!!! Am I alone in thinking all this is a bizarre way for adults to behave?

I am totally sick of the Lance and Bertie show and there is nothing to it but the fct that they don't like each other which they are not obliged to do.

+1. Time to move on to something else.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Amsterhammer said:
+100!! That was too short, so I had to write this.:rolleyes:

No, you can post +1 and then click the text color beside the "size" drop down, and choose white and then just hit the period until you have 9 characters. Then you have a post that looks like you just posted the "+1" or "+100" in this case.

See:
 
tigerboy said:
Tweets and twittering !!!! Am I alone in thinking all this is a bizarre way for adults to behave?

Definitely.
I think it is kinda off the radar though, compared to a press conference, so everyone will forget it in 1 month. Low intensity media conflict.

Maybe those guys should exteriorize... in a cage ring... or maybe a bike race. Hum.
 
BikeCentric said:
Agreed, getting into a media ****ing match with LA is a losing proposition. Hopefully Contador realizes this and keeps quiet so I can stop reading about this sophmoric idiocy!

this is where LA lost the tour and is sinking himself - the media- which won't affect someone like AC-which is apathyc to it, and not moved by all the sh!t being said/written about him-on the other hand- LA seems desperate to express the world in any possible source how angry and a bad looser he is.... at some point he'll make a regrettable statement which he won't be able to take back...
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Publicus said:
Scott, do you have a crush on me? Go ahead admit it. It happens a lot to me, so I'm use to it. :p

Man-crush? Maybe.

Love a good argument too. Especially when I'm right.:D
 
BikeCentric said:
Wait a minute Ninety5, when the heck did you change your avatar to a naked picture of Lance?! Come on dude, there's being a fanboy and then there's being a stalker and you're getting close to the line! :D

(Disclaimer: the above statement should be taken as playfull ribbing and not a personal attack but for the love of God man please change that avatar)
Finally! I was waiting for someone to notice! LOL!
 
Apr 24, 2009
206
0
0
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
It must be great to have all your mates on Twitter to back you up. Would this be the same Ekimov who Lance personally requested to be re-signed by US Postal after he had left the team in 98 and then rode with Lance until he retired.

When somebody not connected in some way with Lance actually twitters something negative on Contador, we will listen, until then we can just ignore everything.

Will you apply the same standard to all spanish riders as well as Contador? I seem to recall some unverified statements by Gutierriez and AC that have been treated as gospel truth without reservation (not directed toward you, but, in general).