• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Endurance Road bike Decisions Help

Oct 4, 2020
Visit site
I was involved in an accident a couple of months back and whilst thankfully my injuries were not too serious, my bike was written off.

I was looking to replace my Cannondale Cyclocross next year at some point however as I am due a pay out from the accident, I am thinking to increase my budget and get a dream bike.
My initial budget was going to be 2k however I am hoping to stretch this to around 4.5k (if the bike ticks all the boxes).

My main priorities are focused on the following areas -

1. Upright Geometry (I suffered from back pain, neck pain and wrist pain, especially on rides longer than 30miles (previously had a bike fit and made some differences but the cyclocross geometry was to aero).
  2. Comfortable and durable to handle different terrains and road conditions.
I lie in an area with a number of harsh road conditions.
  1. Weight ideally 8kg but can go up to around 8.5kg
  2. Good Climber
  3. Still some what fast

I have narrowed my choices to the following bikes -

1. Canyon Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 - £3300
  2. Specialized Roubaix Expert Disc Carbon di2 2021 (£4750)
  3. Trek Domane SL 6/7 (not sure which exact model but seems to fit the above requirements)

Others considered Synapse, Bianchi, Giant

Anyone that is experienced or/and tried the above or has another recommendation that fits the requirements, please do let me know what your thoughts/recommendations are?

Thank you

I have a 2018 Trek Domane SLR6 and I love it. Super confortable bike, you won't regret it.

The canyon won't give you has much as an upright position as the other two. I would choose between the Roubaix and the Domane.

I would also take a look at the Giant Defy.