• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EOLO-Kometa

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Canton got a special jersey for the 2nd half of the Baby Giro as well.
Looks great!
DflZncsWkAAcXEV

Inkelaar lost the yellow jersey on the final day :( he and his teammates fought very bravely, but ultimately Pronskiy was too strong on the final climb today. Unlucky too that they lost Habtom and Peña in a big crash earlier in the race which left Lopez and Ballesteros to do a lot of work. Despite that Lopez still finished 7th overall.
As can be seen in this video Inkelaar was pretty disappointed after the finish, understandably, but he'll only get stronger. Nice also to see the team spirit
https://twitter.com/GiroVdA/status/1018450563669905408

Wow! Just saw the replay of the race and when I spotted the Polartec guy latching onto Movistar's leadout in the last K, I immediately thought of Moschetti (as he seems to be the most prolific rider from the team). Didn't imagine he would actually win the stage at that point, but well done!

I didn't watch the stage, but on a Spanish cycling forum I'm reading a botched leadout by Oldani (trainee) and Camacho is part of the reason Moschetti couldn't win. Of course there's no shame in finishing 2nd to Belletti anyway. Will try to catch highlights later.

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Through the tv screen, to me it seemed like a false flat.

A couple of kms from the finsh line, the Polartec-Kometa guys seemed to be doing well, but their train dissolved in a moment. From about 800 m maybe, Moschetti opened his sprint, because he remained alone. He did pretty well, but he chose the inner curve, which was slower than the outer curve, which Belletti chose. But it didn't look like a regular sprint to me, they were slower than I expexted and it was a little random, like when the road is rising a little.

More of a Sagan-kind of finish than a Kittel one.

Btw, yesterday's break looked like it happened because of the sponsor - Kométa has big interests in Hungary, and both team in the break is sponsored by them. So, I expect the guys to get a lot of screen time :D

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
So what other team was in the Break then? The Hungarian national team?

It's Pannon Cycling Team, a continental team from Hungary. This is their first season, the riders are young, actually the guy who was in the break, Szatmáry, is the oldest rider on the roster with 27 years of age.

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It's long, but not very high, only 400 m rise. To put it into context, the biggest mountain in Hungary (Kékes) would be about cat 2 compared to Tour de France mountains, and it's not in the route this year. I don't know much about Moschetti's climbing abilities, but I think it's doable, unless he's very weak. Usually, the winning margin is less than a minute in the TdH .

TRENDING THREADS