• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EOLO-Kometa

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No Sergio Garcia? :(
I hoped for more spanish riders. But it looks like the team will be much more italian than spanish.
Actually, I'm wondering if the Garcia mentioned could be Sergio instead. Could be a mistake by tuttobiciweb. I also expected Garavaglia to move up to the Pro Conti team.

It's definitely a very Italian team. Considering the main sponsors, it isn't too surprising but I would have preferred a more international feeling. Maybe we will see a couple more Spaniards announced later.

I also wonder what will happen to the riders currently on the Continental team that won't make it onto the Pro Conti team, especially Diego Sevilla who has been with the project for years. Will there still be a Continental development type team?

"I’m a new face in the team and want to become more familiar with the existing members who I don’t yet know. I'm also going to be introducing new riders to the team to complete our roster for 2021," Yates added.

Sounds like the two British riders Archibald and Christian could very well be joining.

"I’m a new face in the team and want to become more familiar with the existing members who I don’t yet know. I'm also going to be introducing new riders to the team to complete our roster for 2021," Yates added.

Sounds like the two British riders Archibald and Christian could very well be joining.
Interesting selection of British riders. Considering Archibald is very much track and TT focused while riding on the GB scene it will be interesting to see what their Aurum TT bike is like compared to the Ribble he rides now (that he and Dan Bigham had designs input on).
Mark Christian is also intersting as he hasn't had any real eye popping results other than a top ten on a stage of the Tour of Austria a couple of years ago.

Now we have 9 riders confirmed:

Belletti
Dina
Fancellu
Fetter
Garcia Gonzalez
Gravalos
Ropero
Sevilla
Viegas

7 of them were representing the team this year.

It seems Puppio gonna leave.
So it is Sergio Garcia and not José Antonio. I'm happy for Sevilla that he got a place, he's been growing with the team for so many years. I think he and Viegas are greatly appreciated as domestiques.

Can anyone explain the Madrid to Milan thing?
Contador said he'd do it if they won a stage? Either he really wanted to do that ride, or he didn't have a lot of faith in his guys.
It's just acknowledging they're underdogs while I'm sure he won't mind the challenge too much. This guy beat the Everesting record for shits and giggles, he's not that sick of the bike yet. It's just promo

Basso should go the other way and it should just be a race between them.

TRENDING THREADS