• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Equipe FDJ - Official Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The guy is crazy :D . And he's no fool. Keeping Demare instead of Nacer, the Giro-Pinot and Tour-Demare decision, that's quite remarkable. And that means FDJ the sponsor will be happy and the team is likely to do it again next year...Pinot vs. Bardet at Il Giro...sweet :cool: .

Re:

Alpe-Thibaut said:
FDJ need a third leader,someone like Konig or Nieve and even Pozzovivo.Manzin,Reichenbach can't do some remarkable things in Vuelta
Or send Demare and his train. For Seb, a top-10 is possible, and/or a nice stage win. At the Giro, despite spending a lot of energy at the service of Tibopino, he finished 15th. Also, 14th at the Tour last year isn't too shabby. But I agree: another solid GC guy would be nice for FDJ. Particularly with Morabito getting older.

Having said that, too bad that Nono couldn't finish, but he asserted himself as one of the top-3 sprinters in the world. Just a year ago, he was at the Krystoff/Degenkolb level, some were arguing that Bryan or Nacer were just as good as he was...it's over. At the TdF he beat Greipel every time, and was the only one remotely close to Kittel from a top-speed standpoint. EBH wasn't as fast (but the guy is very crafty).

Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Alpe-Thibaut said:
FDJ need a third leader,someone like Konig or Nieve and even Pozzovivo.Manzin,Reichenbach can't do some remarkable things in Vuelta
Or send Demare and his train. For Seb, a top-10 is possible, and/or a nice stage win. At the Giro, despite spending a lot of energy at the service of Tibopino, he finished 15th. Also, 14th at the Tour last year isn't too shabby. But I agree: another solid GC guy would be nice for FDJ. Particularly with Morabito getting older.

Having said that, too bad that Nono couldn't finish, but he asserted himself as one of the top-3 sprinters in the world. Just a year ago, he was at the Krystoff/Degenkolb level, some were arguing that Bryan or Nacer were just as good as he was...it's over. At the TdF he beat Greipel every time, and was the only one remotely close to Kittel from a top-speed standpoint. EBH wasn't as fast (but the guy is very crafty).

If you are only looking at topspeed Groenewegen was faster than Kittel on an couple occassions.

Looking at everything, and when they were face to face, it's pretty clear that Kittel was the faster/best sprinter and Demare second...that's my point, and these are facts. Groenwegen is good though. And he'll get better. And Demare too...he's very young.

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Alpe-Thibaut said:

Yeah,Demare didn't finish his last two GT,a hot and difficult Vuelta will be good for him to get over the hard three week.And after a stage win in Tour,he can put his pressure in home and stand at Nimes with a relaxed mind and fresh body.Hope Madiot will do this.By the way,Italy,Spain,not France,are the best place for french riders to show their talents.

Re:

Alpe-Thibaut said:

Reichenbach is a great shot to finish inside the top 10 at the Vuelta, his ride at the Giro was great in support of Pinot and also managing to finish 15th and manage a couple of nice stage results. I'm pretty sure FDJ have the next team leader lined up for the future in David Gaudu, he's been impressive for a neo pro and last year Tour de l'Avenir win was quality.

Demare loves the '18 TdF design, Pinot is excited, I'm not sure that FDJ can please both.

8 riders:
Demare+Guarnieri+Cimolai
Pinot+Reichenbach+Molard

That's 6. With the TTT, you want Lebon and Ludvigsson.

No Roux, Morabito, Kono, Roy, Ladagnous, or Bonnet...no way to play on both fronts.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Tonton said:
Demare loves the '18 TdF design, Pinot is excited, I'm not sure that FDJ can please both.

8 riders:
Demare+Guarnieri+Cimolai
Pinot+Reichenbach+Molard

No Roux, Morabito, Kono, Roy, Ladagnous, or Bonnet...no way to play on both fronts.
I think they should support Demare as the team leader at the Tour and let Pinot ride the Giro for gc, with smaller teams and Demare probably wanting a bigger sprint train it's probably the best option.
Pinot likes riding in Italy and is also well liked among the Italian fans, so it wouldn't be a big problem.

Tonton said:

8 riders:
Demare+Guarnieri+Cimolai
Pinot+Reichenbach+Molard

You know Lebon is leaving the team? :confused:

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Pinot just said in today's interview that TDF will be the main event of his 2018 season.

He doesn't know if he should ride Giro or Vuelta + World for his second objective. (And Lombardy of course)

Good luck Marc to make a decent team and please both of them.

Chrispol said:
Pinot just said in today's interview that TDF will be the main event of his 2018 season.

He doesn't know if he should ride Giro or Vuelta + World for his second objective. (And Lombardy of course)

Good luck Marc to make a decent team and please both of them.
As I "demonstrated" above, there's no way to go for both yellow and green. Or FDJ will get nothing. Pinot needs the best TTT line-up plus mountain help. That would mean Demare (good engine in ITT/TTT) with no train, as dom for Tibopino on the cobbles. No ifs, no buts IMO.

Good luck Marc explaining that to the sponsor. You can't have it both ways.

TRENDING THREADS