• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

TMP402 said:
Paris-Roubaix is Carlton-free?

rejoicing.jpg

Glorious, isn't it ? :D

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Cycle Chic said:
StephenC2020 said:
TMP402 said:

rejoicing.jpg

TMP402 Great picture

AGREE OF COURSE - Superb commentary by Rob Hatch, Quigley and Kelly.

Rob Hatch even knows the soigneurs names !! think we,ll get a poll going to oust Kirby.
ES's coverage today was superb!

What a joy that was to watch & LISTEN to! Assume Clown Kirby will be ruining the Giro for us?

All you have to do is look at Kirby's twitter page - idiotic childish jokes - this is supposed to be a journalist / commentator for Professional Cycling.

How nice today to hear 2 commentators DISCUSSING AND TALKING about the race. It isnt possible for the commentators to do this with Kirby because he cant talk about anything other than the par cours or Simon Gerrans.

Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Cycle Chic said:
StephenC2020 said:
TMP402 said:

rejoicing.jpg

TMP402 Great picture

AGREE OF COURSE - Superb commentary by Rob Hatch, Quigley and Kelly.

Rob Hatch even knows the soigneurs names !! think we,ll get a poll going to oust Kirby.
ES's coverage today was superb!

They were very good last year as well. I sent a tweet to Eurosport then congratulating them and asking for them to be used for the Tour! I will try again.

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
All you have to do is look at Kirby's twitter page - idiotic childish jokes - this is supposed to be a journalist / commentator for Professional Cycling.

How nice today to hear 2 commentators DISCUSSING AND TALKING about the race. It isnt possible for the commentators to do this with Kirby because he cant talk about anything other than the par cours or Simon Gerrans.

I think you might mean Simon Clarke.

yaco said:
Eyeballs Out said:
yaco said:
Hatch always does the Giro - He and Matt Stephens are the best pairing on Eurosport.
I'm always happy when Matt "Absolutely Incredible" Stephens is paired up with Kirby. Then I can mute the pair of them safe in the knowledge that I am missing nothing of any value

You are a poor soul - No commentators to your liking.
Quigley and Hatch don't get muted. Happy to listen to Kelly, Smith and (on the rare occasions he's on) Lloyd on ES. Boulting and Millar are very good on ITV when it has cycling in the UK

Daniel Lloyd is the only english-language cycling commentator that could be considered actually good. Hatch is good in small doses but I couldn't imagine listening to him for three weeks in a row. Bob Roll is actually surprisingly tolerable these days and I liked Steve Schlanger when he did some of the smaller races for NBC and Universal Sports. Kelly and Backstedt have their moments too. The rest are awful and probably shouldn't even have a job. Kirby, MacDonald, and Smith are probably even sub-Phil&Paul at this point.

TRENDING THREADS