• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

TMP402 said:
Kirby: "Lutsenko looks like he has the power of donuts"

Ladies and Gentlemen: Let's have a round of applause in appreciation of TMP90210, shall we? Bravo, TMP!
The amount of dedication T has put in to bringing Carlton Kirby's mishaps to light is truly astounding.
TMP has gone above and beyond the amount of work that anyone would be expected to highlight the massive injustices brought on by Carlton Kirby. Think of the amount of time he must have invested in listening to the guy.
TMP deserves a never-ending amount of gratitude from folks all around the world or shielding us from Carlton Kirby.
TMP90210 listens to CK so you don't have to.
Godspeed, TPM!

Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Brullnux said:
TMP402 said:
This is the material I want in the commentatorballs thread

Really? I came away with the opinion that commentatorballs was supposed to be amusing mistakes or spoonerisms, etc, rather than merely "**** Carlton says".
Yes but there is also the aspect of stupid comments. Like in Glenn Hoddle (I believe) who commented recently on someone who was "literally setting the game on fire"). I think saying someone has the power of doughnuts qualifies. The dumb *** Carlton says is normally just cycling related dumb, rather than purely dumb.

the delgados said:
TMP402 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen: Let's have a round of applause in appreciation of TMP90210, shall we? Bravo, TMP!
The amount of dedication T has put in to bringing Carlton Kirby's mishaps to light is truly astounding.
TMP has gone above and beyond the amount of work that anyone would be expected to highlight the massive injustices brought on by Carlton Kirby. Think of the amount of time he must have invested in listening to the guy.
TMP deserves a never-ending amount of gratitude from folks all around the world or shielding us from Carlton Kirby.
TMP90210 listens to CK so you don't have to.
Godspeed, TPM!

The funniest thing is someone posted in the stage 18 thread ( not TMP ) that Kirby got it wrong when he went for Lutsenko in the final - What the poster didn't say was both Kirby and Kelly selected Lutsenko which was a glaring omission by the poster - And in fact during stage 19, Kelly was bemoaning that he wrongly selected Lutsenko for the final in stage 18.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Re:

therealthing said:
It's just taken Kirby a solid 5 minutes to realise that Contador's trio was 40 seconds IN FRONT of Froome and not behind- despite the coverage clearly showing the time gaps. This man needs to go.

I think that was more Kelly's fault, actually

I note from Rob Hayles's Twitter feed that the Bike Channel has folded in the UK. Not a huge loss given the poor picture quality and relatively little live action, but a shame nonetheless.

The continental team they sponsored is apparently hoping to continue.

Eyeballs Out said:
Alberto Fishwick said:
I note from Rob Hayles's Twitter feed that the Bike Channel has folded in the UK. Not a huge loss given the poor picture quality and relatively little live action, but a shame nonetheless.

The continental team they sponsored is apparently hoping to continue.
I would miss it. Wonder what caused it to fail ?

I didn't watch it for a minute, but I'm guessing the highlighted bit played a part.

Re:

the delgados said:
I can't quite figure out why I love Argylflyer's (sp?) continual updates throughout the season. I might be missing something, but the updates seem so arbitrary and I can't figure out the purpose.
With that said, I love every single one of them.

Habit really! It makes a nice record at the end of the season, keeps the thread bobbing along and actually makes me watch some of the smaller races I might so easily forget to look out for. I also hope it provides interest to a few!

(And it's Argyll as in the place rather than the pattern). There's even a boat called Argyll Flyer!

TRENDING THREADS