• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 150 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Alberto Fishwick said:
Had to rewind to check, but Tony Gibb really did just refer to the Binckbank stage 1 winner as Yabio Facobsen. Never thought I'd be pining for Kirby but ...

Kirby loves this race, as do I.
I pine for the days I could watch Kirby wax poetic at the Brinck-Brank-whatever-you-call-it Tour.
Methinks it's time to start a petition to get him back into the pilot chair.
I will go door -to-door in my neighbourhood if need be.
Who's with me?
....guys? You there?
TMP 402?
Let's get this done!

Re:

RedheadDane said:
Any Player users around? Anyone having trouble with logging in?
It keeps telling me that "something went wrong", which I've kinda figured, but I can't find out what

I have had issues with Firefox repeatedly and have switched to Edge this last few weeks. Had issues logging in but was mainly with the 'on demand' section - kept getting stuck on diarrhoea relief ads! Seems to have moved on to a Prime one now, a bit more stomachable!

Re: Re:

argyllflyer said:
RedheadDane said:
Any Player users around? Anyone having trouble with logging in?
It keeps telling me that "something went wrong", which I've kinda figured, but I can't find out what

I have had issues with Firefox repeatedly and have switched to Edge this last few weeks. Had issues logging in but was mainly with the 'on demand' section - kept getting stuck on diarrhoea relief ads! Seems to have moved on to a Prime one now, a bit more stomachable!

I'm already on Edge, and it worked quite fine earlier today… :confused:

Ah! Tried it in Chrome, it worked!
Right on the gravel.

Back to normal I see with the Vuelta. With the host broadcaster only offering a couple of hours of live coverage on most stages, CK will be manning the booth back in the UK. I see that "little" Louis Meintjes is riding - how far in will we get before he is castigated for leaving Qubeka for Lampre?

Re:

Alberto Fishwick said:
Back to normal I see with the Vuelta. With the host broadcaster only offering a couple of hours of live coverage on most stages, CK will be manning the booth back in the UK. I see that "little" Louis Meintjes is riding - how far in will we get before he is castigated for leaving Qubeka for Lampre?

And then lauded for returning to Qubeka (now Dimension Data)?

Sorry for hijacking this thread for stuff that isn't technically about Eurosport commentating, but am I understanding the scheduling correctly here?
At 13:16 ("Danish time") they'll start showing stage 9 of Tour de l'Avenir live on Eurosport 1, then - at 15:00 - they'll switch over to Deutschland Tour, and after that switch back to l'Avenir? (With GP de Plouay shown on the Player at the same time.)
Or is the l'Avenir bit scheduled at 17:00 a recap/replay?

GenericBoonenFan said:
Nirvana said:
Today Magrini said that on the player they start an hour early with the Vuelta coverage.
It's becoming annoying that player thing, they're trying to force people pay for that.
Well that's not annoying, that's good marketing. The annoying thing is that their schedule shows less consistency than the mood of a pregnant woman.
Even more annoying is that changes to the schedule are not listed anywhere - not even on their website.

GenericBoonenFan said:
Nirvana said:
Today Magrini said that on the player they start an hour early with the Vuelta coverage.
It's becoming annoying that player thing, they're trying to force people pay for that.
Well that's not annoying, that's good marketing. The annoying thing is that their schedule shows less consistency than the mood of a pregnant woman.
Good marketing for them but a trick for the users, they are turning their channel in a big promo for the player, every year there are more races on the player only and now they'are starting to put less coverage on the channels. Add that (at least in Italy) Eurosport 2 is not anymore the international one but a local version with local coverage (i.e. Serie A of basket, volley, beach volley) so even races aired on Eurosport 2 often go on the player.

In my opinion they are only trying to force the users to pay for the player but why i should pay if i already pay Sky (that pay a lot to have their channel) and i can't watch the player on the TV because the app is compatible only with TIM Vision (and you should pay also TIM to have TIM Vision)?

I wonder how is possible that Sky doesn't have anything to say about Eurosport channels becoming a promo for the player, they even signed a new deal last month (more munific for Eurosport) because the older was set to expire this year and i think they want Eurosport because of the rich bouquet of rights they have not to have a promo.

TRENDING THREADS