Eurosport commentary

Page 172 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Totally agree but I did get a laugh at him comparing the young kids at Sunweb to a bag of puppies.
Well, I did laugh the first time he said it, and you know he's just going to repeat that until the end of next season..at least.
Like him or hate him, no one can come close to Kirby's ability to come up with references to literature and using a metaphor as a segway before handing it off to Sean Kelly. Today did he not only predict the stage winner, he came up with this brillant line: "Who's waiting for Gadau?"
Kelly paused for a second before saying no one was waiting for Gadau. I'm not sure he got the reference, but then again, it wouldn't be easy to match the witticism on the spot.
There is no script in front of his face. He just makes it up on the go and I find that truly impressive.

Like him or hate him, no one can come close to Kirby's ability to come up with references to literature and using a metaphor as a segway before handing it off to Sean Kelly. Today did he not only predict the stage winner, he came up with this brillant line: "Who's waiting for Gadau?"
Kelly paused for a second before saying no one was waiting for Gadau. I'm not sure he got the reference, but then again, it wouldn't be easy to match the witticism on the spot.
There is no script in front of his face. He just makes it up on the go and I find that truly impressive.
Waiting for Kirby (to retire) could be a fitting name to this thread :p

Reactions: bob.a.feet

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts