• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Who the hell is the old guy on ES (English/International) who translates the interviews?! It's hilarious. He completely invents what the riders (Spaniards/French etc.) are saying. Gloriously awkward listening. Surely they could have hired someone who understands what's being said.

Bag of Guts said:
Who the hell is the old guy on ES (English/International) who translates the interviews?! It's hilarious. He completely invents what the riders (Spaniards/French etc.) are saying. Gloriously awkward listening. Surely they could have hired someone who understands what's being said.
Not sure but i think he's called Mike Smith.

That bit today where they didn't know the French president's name was brilliant. Also cake. I think they are doing a great job of getting Ad breaks out the way too - apparently ITV4 really **** the bed with their Ax-3 coverage.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm a big fan of kirby if anything just for his enthusiasm, its great to hear passion and excitement in a commo. Kelly is just well...Boring, he has such a mono tone voice and personality, just doesn't make the races for me at all.

Kelly, because of an outstanding palmares, I feel is given far too much credit for what he actually delivers as a pundit. Most of his in-race predictions are miles off target. Ok it's hard to call, but his analysis is plain wrong a lot of the time. The latest of many being his bold assurance that Movistar would get back on today. He is quick to spot things Carlton hasn't though.

I must say I cringed when I heard that Carlton Kirby was doing the commentary, but I've been pleasantly surprised. His enthusiasm makes up for the few wee errors that creep in, and he seems funnier this year than he was last year (when his only job was to be funny)
I was wrong
Well done mate!

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I gave Kirby credit earlier in the tour for at least having some enthusiasm and humour to contribute.

Today though, he managed to be dull, unfunny and clueless all at the same time.

He is getting worse as the tour goes on.

TRENDING THREADS