• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BigMac said:
Can't believe it. Eurosport will only show Algarve highlights at the end of the day except for the last stage, which its going to be broadcast live.

How disappointing... Complete let down.

However, according to abola there should be a Portuguese sports channel broadcasting all stages live. SportTV, BenficaTV or aBolaTV itself. Whichever it is, it must be watched on mute.
Lol, as a Benfica fan I would to love see the commentators mentioning Rui Costa passage in Benfica cycling team every 2 minutes :D

BigMac said:
Can't believe it. Eurosport will only show Algarve highlights at the end of the day except for the last stage, which its going to be broadcast live.

How disappointing... Complete let down.

However, according to abola there should be a Portuguese sports channel broadcasting all stages live. SportTV, BenficaTV or aBolaTV itself. Whichever it is, it must be watched on mute.

Is that a local version of Eurosport somewhere? It's not coming up on their listings.

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=cycling

BigMac said:
Its not coming on the tv guide of ESpt either, but I know they will show the highlights, because Paulo Martins, one of the channels commentators, said they would show Algarve. I can tell it is not live now.

Only problem is they are showing Andalusia live at the same time and are showing the Oman highlights too. I'd have thought if it was being shown - highlights or otherwise - it would be listed. I don't know what other events Eurosport have around then, they have no live Sochi coverage in UK as far as I can see. It seems to be darts, snooker and tennis just now.

Hope you're right though.

The last couple of years Algarve highlights have been on late in the evening. Expect they will be the same this year. Anyway pleased to see they are doing Andalucia which is a really good race needing some broader TV coverage.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Good news, looks like British Eurosport are showing KBK now. No live cycling was in their schedule for that day when I checked a few days but now their is.

Le Samyn is being shown as well.

First Kirbyism of the season perhaps from Oman stage 4....

On Uran: "having left Sky, Uran, saying he's just got to start working for himself having worked so hard for Bradley Wiggins to help him to Tour victory and then of course Chris Froome as well..."

Uran who of course made zero participations in the Tours of 2012 /2013. Ok he supported them in other grand tours and stage races but I wonder if that's what CK meant!

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
British Eurosport have dunted live coverage of Andalucia today to highlights, as there's horse jumping and darts on instead... :mad:

can't blame them, valverde sprinting last 300m isn't exactly good recipe for audience in UK.

Poursuivant said:
Do ES have rights to world Cup?

They have no rights in UK anyway.

To be fair, most cycling is live on Eurosport, there are the odd occasions that things get shifted, what's annoying about Andalucia is that it was to be live and then was changed. Last year it happened with Strade Bianche when the snooker overran. E3 was shown delayed in UK. I don't recall any other events that might have been live being otherwise.

Pretty sure all GT stages (that were televised as a few weren't because of the awful weather) got shown live though.

I think the most ridiculous thing about Andalucia was that (at least here) they did show some from 2:30 to around 3:15ish... except what they showed was a rerun of stage 2. Can't help but wonder if it would have been completely impossible to show the live footage from stage 3 instead. :rolleyes:

RedheadDane said:
I think the most ridiculous thing about Andalucia was that (at least here) they did show some from 2:30 to around 3:15ish... except what they showed was a rerun of stage 2. Can't help but wonder if it would have been completely impossible to show the live footage from stage 3 instead. :rolleyes:

Horse stuff all the way in the UK tl the programme started! Then they just showed the last 20km as live. A bit chaotic at the end with no one being clear on who won and the camera shot was poor.

The Hitch said:
RCS hired kirby?

This is a such a ****ed up world we live in. :(

I think it's through a 3rd party and it's either for them or Rai - he does all the English commentaries for the international feed on the big Italian classics and stage races. British Eurosport don't take that commentary feed, doing their own thing instead (though Sky Sports do take it and they'll have highlights of some of them - daily for Giro and T-A). Hopefully Hatch will get the Giro for Eurosport.

Sky Sports' schedule is here:

http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/n...d-milan-san-remo-to-be-screened-on-sky-sports

manafana said:
hatch is doing a good job at moment and hes pretty nice to give some feedback to on twitter working well as comm team anyway.

Agreed, Hatch & Stephens are a good pairing. Matt Stephens' greater role this year leaves me hoping they've dunted dull old Backstedt. Trying to think... Brian Smith has not been on yet has he?

Sean Kelly will be on hand to do Paris-Nice though.

Edit: Brian Smith seems to be redefining his role in the commentary box - he was the main commentator (with Magnus on co-comms) on cycling.tv's coverage today.

Free to view on their main page... http://cyclingtv.neulion.com/cycling/

Listening to the more extensive highlights, Smith's actually not bad at all on the 'main man' role.

argyllflyer said:
Agreed, Hatch & Stephens are a good pairing. Matt Stephens' greater role this year leaves me hoping they've dunted dull old Backstedt. Trying to think... Brian Smith has not been on yet has he?

Sean Kelly will be on hand to do Paris-Nice though.

Edit: Brian Smith seems to be redefining his role in the commentary box - he was the main commentator (with Magnus on co-comms) on cycling.tv's coverage today.

Free to view on their main page... http://cyclingtv.neulion.com/cycling/

Listening to the more extensive highlights, Smith's actually not bad at all on the 'main man' role.

"Hoofland" :D

I can see the T-Shirts already...
Hoofland_zpsa503092c.png

TRENDING THREADS