• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Geraint Too Fast said:
"Hoofland" :D

I can see the T-Shirts already...
Hoofland_zpsa503092c.png

haha, great stuff.

hsaJKS

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Carlton confirming on Twitter some of his races:

April monuments / classics, Tour de France and Vuelta with Sean Kelly for Eurosport
Giro etc with Dan Lloyd (for RCS)

So that's the lot ruined except for the Giro then! :(

During last year's Tour I ended up listening to P&P or switching to BBC 5 Live things got so bad! I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I really to miss David Harmon. I'm glad to see he is more active again on Twitter and in a better place. Wouldn't want to comment on the situation with Eurosport as I don't know any of the details but it would be a shame if there is no going back for him in the future.

I just can't stand Carlton's cliched 'It's go time!' style of commentary and inability to read a race properly.

Agree with other comments that Hatch and Smith having both been doing a good job in the last few of weeks.

Kirby. In Milan San-Remo he hadn't a scooby who kristoff was. "The big man in the middle" was all he cud shout with 20mtrs left. Yesterday, in tour of catalunya he didn't recognise mezgec at finish(neither did I). But at the finish today still had no clue as to who the guy storming thru on his own was, the leader's jersey offering no insights for this man. It's like when alan partridge did sports commentary. Disgusted from tunbridge wells.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
cocteau_ireland said:
Kirby. In Milan San-Remo he hadn't a scooby who kristoff was. "The big man in the middle" was all he cud shout with 20mtrs left. Yesterday, in tour of catalunya he didn't recognise mezgec at finish(neither did I). But at the finish today still had no clue as to who the guy storming thru on his own was, the leader's jersey offering no insights for this man. It's like when alan partridge did sports commentary. Disgusted fron tunbridge wells.

I know dreadful! Sadly, Quigley is even worse! ES really need to hire someone with decent eyesight and knowledge of who the riders are to help them out.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
My problem with Kirby is he gets over-excited and starts yelling about everything. Today he used the same shrieking to announce that they were going under a bridge/into a tunnel as he did when there was a crash. Then did it again when they entered a roundabout. Kept making me jump thinking there was a crash somewhere the way he would gasp and shriek. I can't imagine having to be closed up in a commentary booth with him with no ability to turn down the volume. The man needs to be given tranquilizers before and during broadcasts.

Beech Mtn said:
My problem with Kirby is he gets over-excited and starts yelling about everything. Today he used the same shrieking to announce that they were going under a bridge/into a tunnel as he did when there was a crash. Then did it again when they entered a roundabout. Kept making me jump thinking there was a crash somewhere the way he would gasp and shriek. I can't imagine having to be closed up in a commentary booth with him with no ability to turn down the volume. The man needs to be given tranquilizers before and during broadcasts.

Then again better than Quigley whose effect I imagine is like taking a dose of horse tranquilisers.

CycloAndy said:
I know dreadful! Sadly, Quigley is even worse! ES really need to hire someone with decent eyesight and knowledge of who the riders are to help them out.

At the end of todays stage when he should have been saying words to the effect of "...and Mezgec wins again!!", he somehow came up with "Happy birthday!!" :confused:

TRENDING THREADS