• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

postmanhat said:
There's a newish channel on Sky here in the UK called erm, 'Bike'. At the moment it's showing a lot of Italian sourced programs so presumably there's a similar channel in Italy?

However, they are promising to show coverage of the races that Sky have the rights to (eg Suisse, DDV). Which seems mighty generous of Sky given that the channel is free to Sky's non-sport subscribers. Do Sky have the UK rights to the TDU as well?
Lasr year Sky had the rights to the TDU and Romandie. Suisse was done the eurosport. What is DDV?

Re:

postmanhat said:
There's a newish channel on Sky here in the UK called erm, 'Bike'. At the moment it's showing a lot of Italian sourced programs so presumably there's a similar channel in Italy?

However, they are promising to show coverage of the races that Sky have the rights to (eg Suisse, DDV). Which seems mighty generous of Sky given that the channel is free to Sky's non-sport subscribers. Do Sky have the UK rights to the TDU as well?
Lasr year Sky had the rights to the TDU and Romandie. Suisse was done the eurosport. Is DDV, Dwars door Vlaanderen?

If I recall correctly, despite Sky having the UK rights to the six Flanders Classics (live or highlights) races, they showed none of them in 2015. A wee bonus was Eurosport picking up Gent-Wevelgem after a multi-year absence. Even better was it was perhaps a contender for race of the season.

Would be great if Sky still have the rights to the Omloop etc that they show them somewhere.

Not quite sure how the rights work for the monuments, Sky and Eurosport both showed Tour of Flanders live one year and although not connected to Flanders Classics, they both showed Paris-Roubaix. I'm thinking 2013/2014?

Found out is a bike channel on Sky Italia that has been running for a while now and last year had Oman, The TDU, Oomloop and DDV live. Would be fantastic to get those on this new UK version. Guess we'll find out next weekend....

When do Eurosport normally release their annual cycling schedule?

postmanhat said:
Cheers Argyl. Got quite excited about the Cadel race till I remembered it will be at night here. Will record it and then try to avoid the internet till the afternoon.

At least it's a weekend...! I will record and watch it with my breakfast I think though, not much appetite to stay up til 4am for an early season chipper. The broadcast will be 285 mins. That can't be far off live from km 0. I sincerely hope it's the Eurosport comms, and not Phil & Paul like last year. Had enough of them already and it's only week 4 of the season!

Re: Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
argyllflyer said:
I see that Oman is back on Eurosport this year, and seemingly with a marginally better slot Though PCS says it starts 17th and the highlights start the night before....
According to the official website, the race starts on the 16th, so PCS are wrong.

cheers - I think they may have had an earlier date. The procycling calendar shows a 17-22 set of dates. I assume it's now 16-21?

argyllflyer said:
lemon cheese cake said:
argyllflyer said:
I see that Oman is back on Eurosport this year, and seemingly with a marginally better slot Though PCS says it starts 17th and the highlights start the night before....
According to the official website, the race starts on the 16th, so PCS are wrong.

cheers - I think they may have had an earlier date. The procycling calendar shows a 17-22 set of dates. I assume it's now 16-21?
Yes it is. Although for me the 02/16/16 to the 02/21/16 does confuse me a bit as I am used to seeing dates as 16/02/16 and 21/02/16.

Oman dates:
fMudOdN.png

lemon cheese cake said:
argyllflyer said:
lemon cheese cake said:
argyllflyer said:

Yes it is. Although for me the 02/16/16 to the 02/21/16 does confuse me a bit as I am used to seeing dates as 16/02/16 and 21/02/16.

Oman dates:
fMudOdN.png

thanks again - and likewise, that date format is confusing to me too! It's worse when the date is below the 12th though.... 08/07/16 for example...!

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
Sad news for british fans of cycling who watched it on eurosport. I'd say David Duffield was the Murray Walker of cycling commentating.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...4-212860?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

That is sad news. I grew up watching racing with him commentating and having that enthusiastic Murray Walsker esq about him. I literally sat there for hours every year listening. Some of his stories were bizarre but a truly passionate cycling fan and professional spokesman. Sad news indeed. Rest in peace.

Campervan man said:
lemon cheese cake said:
Sad news for british fans of cycling who watched it on eurosport. I'd say David Duffield was the Murray Walker of cycling commentating.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...4-212860?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

That is sad news. I grew up watching racing with him commentating and having that enthusiastic Murray Walsker esq about him. I literally sat there for hours every year listening. Some of his stories were bizarre but a truly passionate cycling fan and professional spokesman. Sad news indeed. Rest in peace.
Oh no. I just watched some footage with him yesterday and thought how nice it would be if he was still there. :(

Until when was he still active exactly?

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

staubsauger said:
Campervan man said:
lemon cheese cake said:

Oh no. I just watched some footage with him yesterday and thought how nice it would be if he was still there. :(

Until when was he still active exactly?

My memory is poor at best I remember being in a shared house about 11 years ago and he was on then. He was involved in cycling always, very knowledgable and still actively cycling into his 80's.

Re:

lemon cheese cake said:

Not only for british fans. When I discovered Youtube 9 years ago, pretty much the first thing I did was to look for cycling footage from my early childhood years, and a lot of videos were old Eurosport footage with him as commentator. I loved his enthusiasm, especially in the bunch sprints, it seemed very sincere and sort of mirrored my own emotions while i was watching. And he was able to talk fast when needed without getting too confused, which i always appreciate.

TRENDING THREADS