• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 123 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

burning said:
That guy will not get fired this, considering that he has been absolutely horrible in his job. I think he has sex tapes of Eurosport CEO or something like that to keep his job, I cannot think any other explanation on how on earth he is not fired.

I agree - or he has signed a 20 year contract for very low pay

Apart for Kirby, it was just about the worst outcome for the first stage. Sky in yellow and long flat stages to come. Viewing figures will drop as racing becomes a 5 hour ride to a 50 meter sprint. French TV must be hoping FDJ can get their sprint-train working!

Carlton Kirby does another huge mistake - joking about cyclists listening to music in their earpieces.....Sean Kelly had to state that this was stupid and dangerous and was not something he would advocate. Kirby with his tail between his legs changed the topic.

Just before this Kirby was belittling the lone Wanty rider in the breakaway saying he was only doing it for his sponsors, to have the tv camera on him and 'he is on a hiding to nothing' . This bloke is beyond an idiot .

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
Carlton Kirby does another huge mistake - joking about cyclists listening to music in their earpieces.....Sean Kelly had to state that this was stupid and dangerous and was not something he would advocate. Kirby with his tail between his legs changed the topic.

Just before this Kirby was belittling the lone Wanty rider in the breakaway saying he was only doing it for his sponsors, to have the tv camera on him and 'he is on a hiding to nothing' . This bloke is beyond an idiot .

Well, that is the truth.

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Cycle Chic said:

Well, that is the truth.

Exactly! Carlton can be annoying, but his frankness is refreshing, when a comment he makes is true.

Did anyone else catch the bit on the final flat section where Kirby was just chuckling like a mental patient, not saying any words for about 20 seconds, and Kelly had to take over and describe what was going on? Kirby is genuinely frightening sometimes.

Yesterdays coverage was ruined yet again by Kirby. Its unbelievable how this bloke is getting away with it. He talks absolute rubbish. He relies on the viewers not actually listening to what he is saying, because if you listen he has perfected the art of talking nonsense. I think its called bullshitting

I forced myself not to switch to itv4, where David Millar is excellent, actually explaining how the race is being ridden and directed, invaluable information which only an ex-rider can do - include Kelly etc. Hatch is good but he cant do what Millar does in that regard. Millar knew immediately that Froomes rear mech had broken...

So listening to Kirby felt like my head was imploding. He said at one point that the breakaway riders were pulling for their GC guys. Such a shame that Eurosport still keep this buffoon on tv.

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
Yesterdays coverage was ruined yet again by Kirby. Its unbelievable how this bloke is getting away with it. He talks absolute rubbish. He relies on the viewers not actually listening to what he is saying, because if you listen he has perfected the art of talking nonsense. I think its called ******

I forced myself not to switch to itv4, where David Millar is excellent, actually explaining how the race is being ridden and directed, invaluable information which only an ex-rider can do - include Kelly etc. Hatch is good but he cant do what Millar does in that regard. Millar knew immediately that Froomes rear mech had broken...

So listening to Kirby felt like my head was imploding. He said at one point that the breakaway riders were pulling for their GC guys. Such a shame that Eurosport still keep this buffoon on tv.

I have warmed to Millar's commentry this year. Bolting on the other hand......

Re:

TMP402 said:
Did anyone else catch the bit on the final flat section where Kirby was just chuckling like a mental patient, not saying any words for about 20 seconds, and Kelly had to take over and describe what was going on? Kirby is genuinely frightening sometimes.

Yes I'm watching the repeat right now. He joked about Aru smelling Froome's armpit or some such dreadful joke, it was so funny for him he laughed for a solid 30 seconds whilst Kelly took over.

This man is an insult to the world of cycling.

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
Yesterdays coverage was ruined yet again by Kirby. Its unbelievable how this bloke is getting away with it. He talks absolute rubbish. He relies on the viewers not actually listening to what he is saying, because if you listen he has perfected the art of talking nonsense. I think its called ******

There's a word for what you describe. It's called masochism. Why on earth would you subject yourself to my man Carlton Kirby when you have another choice? Are you getting paid to suffer? If not, for the sake of your admittedly fragile state of mental health, I strongly suggest you reach for the remote and turn on another channel.
Geez, I can't leave you guys alone for more than two days before you ramp up the CK nonsense.
Fellas, let's put down the pitchforks for a second and take a breather, m'kay?
I know these must be trying times for you, but I'm afraid I must insist you have it all wrong.
If you don't believe me, why don't you wander on over to msnbc and take a gander at what's going on.
I assure you that you'd take a deep breath, wipe your sweaty brow, and look at the pitchforks by your side and say, "you know what. I think we've got this all wrong."
Carry on, you noble warriors! There is much work that needs to be done.
Godspeed.

TRENDING THREADS