• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 129 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
the delgados said:
MartinGT:

So I guess Eurosport is racist too, right?

I'm so sick of the stupid CA ad which is being played ALL THE TIME
- which is very racist. All the damn people there are white, as always recently...
The leading, annoying "smart guy" is not of course. The new world of PC :sad:

More idiocy from Kirby - today between two groups of GC contenders finishing we get a short shot of Contador struggling to the finish, Kirby:
"Ehh apologies for the ehh rather nationalistic ehh pictures of ehh Contador which happened as ehh provided by ehh our ehh our host broadcaster" of course in typical stuttering Kirby style
We didn't miss any action or riders finishing, he probably was annoyed he didn't get time to rave about Meintjes or Poels. You just know if it had been Froome or "Si" Clarke in that position he'd have been raving. What's worse, that shot was perhaps 3 or 4 seconds long and Kirby then proceeds to complain about it for the next 10 seconds, causing him to miss Aru and Bilbao coming in.

Edit: apparently he called Froome "our glorious leader" as well

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
To be fair they did screw up the last 2 mins of footage, they were showing blank roads instead of the main group so we only saw them come over the line.

Re:

deValtos said:
To be fair they did screw up the last 2 mins of footage, they were showing blank roads instead of the main group so we only saw them come over the line.

When has any CK hater been fair to the legend?
Unless you're Aru's mom, no one sould be offended by Kirby's comments about his smile. Granted, it wasn't a kind thing to say, but anyone who is shockingly offended should direct their ire toward photographers and editors for choosing to publish ugly photos of his gaping mouth. I think we can all agree that it's not pretty. Guy looks like a great white shark; only difference is his eyeballs aren't rolling back into his head.
CK is referring to photos we have already seen.
That does not make him a bad person, nor does it make Aru an ugly guy. He's quite handsome, actually. I'd be surprised if Kirby disagreed.
A wise person mentioned something a while back in this thread about seeing what you want to see. I agree. There are a lot of folks here who are chomping at the bit to pick apart everything the guy says.
The only part of today's stage that I watched was at the end, when everyone was pulling away and the cameras were focused on Contador. For some reason there wasn't an audio feed, so I watched the last bit without any commentary.
I knew CK would mention something about the fact that the action was taking place elsewhere, and I knew someone here would jump all over his comment and interpret it in a negative way.
It was blatantly obvious that Contador was getting dropped. Everyone knew what was going on, including Contador, who had cameras staring in his face when the race was elsewhere.
Seriously, the raging hostility toward my man Carlton Kirby is beyond silly.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
I'm almost convinced the delgados actually is Kirby. He must be. If not, this mancrush on a middle-aged, balding cycling commentator is just plain creepy!

Creepy, huh?
You jump all over my man Carlton Kirby for commenting on Aru's appearance, then infer that a balding-middle-aged man is not attractive. Moreover, your remarks are homophobic. Maybe I do have a mancrush on CK. What's it to you?
See what I'm saying?
You sound just like Carlton Kirby!
So don't give me this faux outrage. You're talking nonsense.

Re: Re:

the delgados said:
TMP402 said:
LaFlorecita said:
I'm almost convinced the delgados actually is Kirby. He must be. If not, this mancrush on a middle-aged, balding cycling commentator is just plain creepy!

I think it's a really dedicated but low-quality attempt at satire.

Ouch! That was a real zinger.
At least my mom thinks I'm funny.

I figured you don't have much social interaction with women. :lol:

Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
the delgados said:
TMP402 said:
LaFlorecita said:

I think it's a really dedicated but low-quality attempt at satire.

Ouch! That was a real zinger.
At least my mom thinks I'm funny.

I figured you don't have much social interaction with women. :lol:

Ha!
Good one!
Much more interesting than the braying hounds who come here merely to repeat lines from Carlton Kirby that they don't like
That's about as stimulating as dry toast.

TRENDING THREADS