• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 132 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

the delgados said:
Cycle Chic said:
the delgados said:
Cycle Chic said:
You missed the Track Cycling which Kirby ruined !! couldnt watch it

This comment actually made me laugh. Not only does the poster seem like an entitled adolescent who is whining about not getting his or her way, the implication is s/he tuned in just to listen to the commentary.
Race? What race?

ahhhh Carlton you never fail to check this thread do you !! papping yourself that one day soon you will be shuffled off Eurosport to a shopping channel.

So you finally realized that I'm not Carlton Kirby. How long did that take you? .

not quite sure how you conclude that I dont think you are Kirby !! re-read my post !!

Kirby lovers and eagle-eyed haters alike might quite like this pic posted on Twitter yesterday by Ridevelo.cc

http://www.ridevelo.cc/shop/signed-carlton-kirby-codec-a2-print

258qnom.jpg

Well we're almost there for 2018!

Rob Hatch is doing Valencia, Strade Bianchi then Paris-Nice. Jose Been tweeted Dutch ES's races which suggest a similar pattern early on to last season: Valencia, Dubai, Andalucia, Algarve, Abu Dhabi, Omloop, KBK and Le Samyn.

Tour Down Under kicks things off this weekend with their crit on Sunday then the TDU for real on Tuesday. UK viewers were facing a blackout but Freesports (recently added FTA channel on all digital platforms) have picked the whole thing up with live coverage on Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun and delayed on Wed/Fri.

https://www.freesports.tv/

Re:

Koronin said:
Now if only we could get coverage in the US. It appears we have 0 coverage on TV this year. NBC appears to have taken all races off TV and put them on their subscription streaming service. :(

Thankfully Australia hasn't gone that way for the majority of the high profile races. Giro fans like me have to pay as from last year when the rights expired.

Re:

argyllflyer said:
British Eurosport commentary pairings so far:

(Beyond what ES have already confirmed for early season, I have included Rob Hatch's bookings for the season as they stand, per his twitter)

Tour Down Under (highlights): (world feed - Liggett etc)
Cadel Evans Great Ocean Race (highlights): Stephens (solo)
Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana: Hatch & Stephens
Herald Sun Tour (highlights): (world feed - Liggett & Keenan)
Dubai Tour: tbc
Vuelta a Andalucia: tbc
Volta ao Algarve: tbc
Abu Dhabi Tour: tbc
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad: tbc
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne: tbc
Le Samyn: tbc
Strade Bianche: Hatch & ??
Paris-Nice: Hatch & ??
Paris-Roubaix: Hatch & ??
La Fleche Wallonne: Hatch & ??
Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Hatch & ??
Giro d'Italia: Hatch & ??
Tour de France: Hatch & ?? (will be part of the big comms team)
Tour de Pologne: Hatch & ??

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: argyllflyer has a calming effect on my fragile psyche. You always know what you're going to get from argyllflyer. S/he is awesome.
That said, I have to say I'm starting to become a big fan of the Hatch/Stephens combo. They seem to have a comfortable balance and the banter is almost seamless. No talking over one another. Good rapport and good race analysis.
Those two are a top notch pair.

On the Sky tv guide there are only the first two stages of Dubai Tour scheduled for the next two weeks, I fear that with Olympics they send all the cycling to the player.

This year at least in Italy there is also zero coverage of live cycling on Bike Channel that seems on the verge of bankruptcy according to what they said on the Italian forum.

Re:

Nirvana said:
On the Sky tv guide there are only the first two stages of Dubai Tour scheduled for the next two weeks, I fear that with Olympics they send all the cycling to the player.

This year at least in Italy there is also zero coverage of live cycling on Bike Channel that seems on the verge of bankruptcy according to what they said on the Italian forum.

In the UK, Dubai is live on the first four days on ES2 at 09.30 GMT, it is bumped on the saturday through for speed skating.

This is a wonderous addition to their website! https://www.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule-search.shtml

the delgados said:
Great to see my man Carlton Kirby in mid-season form at the Dubai tour.
He lost his mind when the host broadcaster kept going back to a shot of a turtle 6 km's from the finish of stage 2.
As the kids say nowadays, I lol'd.

The director has a habit of breaking off from the action to show a fountain or flowerbed etc - fine with 80km to go, less so with 6...

Re:

Nirvana said:
Usual RCS style camera work, they use one helicopter only to film these things.
We are lucky that in Dubai there aren't young girls, old men and baby childs near the finish line.

There's no one at the finish line. There's no one who lines the route.
I exaggerate to a certain extent, but I don't understand the initiative to race in Dubai. It's kinda funny when a camera focuses on a group of three or four people along the route. It's like, "Hey, someone is watching!" Yesterday we saw some guy on the road waving a red flag for no reason other than to tell the riders to get out of his way. Then we saw a few guys going crazy and getting as close to the peloton as possible without getting run over, but that was pretty much it.
Whenever I tune in to the Dubai tour, I ask myself why the race exists.
Thank god we have my man Carlton Kirby to spice things up a bit and bring us out of our collective doldrums.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
"Collective doldrums"? He's my "Mute-button-tester" :)

Hey, hey! Shush now.
I watched portions of the last couple stages on a youtube feed that for some unknown reason was without commentary.
All you could hear was the hum of the motorbikes and the occasional sounds from those in the peloton. It was actually kind of interesting for a few minutes, but it didn't take long for me to long for my man Carlton Kirby.
I dearly wished I could hear his commentary in the closing km's when the Rally rider came so close to winning solo.
Anyone who says otherwise is full of stool.

TRENDING THREADS