• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 148 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Welp Eurosport replaced Kroon with Frank Hoste, sadly only for one day....Bollocks!

I'd love to hear that. I've only ever read of Hoste from what former teammates write, always stories of how hilariously gullible and an airhead he is

Could be. He did question the Sunweb tactics of having Oomen pull the front at the time. And a bit later Dumoulin could have used Oomen to chase down Yates, but Oomen was dangling 40 seconds behind in the Froome group. Anyway, he didn't seem more gullible or naive than the average Lotto or BMC manager, lol.

argyllflyer said:
Cycle Chic said:
argyllflyer said:
MartinGT said:
https://twitter.com/140CharTerror/status/998229560637493248

A Cycle Chic who hates Kirby...

?? dont get that

It's hard to explain, I've just always imagined you to be a female poster and the lass on that account really doesn't like poor Carlton!

I am a female poster but NOT the twitter poster

Cycle Chic said:
argyllflyer said:
Cycle Chic said:
argyllflyer said:
MartinGT said:

?? dont get that

It's hard to explain, I've just always imagined you to be a female poster and the lass on that account really doesn't like poor Carlton!

Well, then! Now we've got that cleared up, let's enjoy another stage of the Giro, shall we?
I don't know about you, but I've got Reichenbach for the TT win.
p.s. argyllflyer is the most diplomatic poster on this thread.
S/he deserves respect.

Cycle Chic said:
argyllflyer said:
Cycle Chic said:
argyllflyer said:
MartinGT said:

?? dont get that

:D Oh well, no promotion to Super Detective for this Poirot then!

[quote="the delgados

Well, then! Now we've got that cleared up, let's enjoy another stage of the Giro, shall we?
S/he deserves respect.[/quote]

For clarity purposes, I am a HE! or hehe! as Carlton might put it.

argyllflyer said:
[quote="the delgados

S/he deserves respect.

For clarity purposes, I am a HE! or hehe! as Carlton might put it.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up, argyllflyer.
The world can now rest at ease knowing your gender.
p.s. My claim stands. You have been the voice of reason in this thread, and I respect you for it.
Keep on keeping on, my male internet buddy.
Bro hugs all around.

Re: Re:

the delgados said:
MartinGT said:
has CK finished gushing over Yates yet? Jaysus.

Wait a second. I've been told by people on this thread that my man CK is gushing over Froome and ignoring Yates.
Now I'm really confused.

Well, I think I might have been cause of some of the confusion.
Someone - can't remember who - complained about how Kirby was "gushing over" Froome on an earlier stage (Imola rain stage?), to which you replied that as a British commentator Kirby is - apparently - "supposed" to gush over British riders.
This is where I - stupidly - jumped in and expressed my confusion that Kirby - supposedly - wasn't gushing over Yates - aka; the guy in pink. And - now I'm gonna put a bit of the blame back on you - then you stated that since Yates isn't on a British team it didn't count, or at least that's how I understood it, which lead me to assume that Kirby - for some reason - hadn't been mentioning Yates. Of course your comment later that you haven't been able to get British feed should have clued me in on the fact that neither of us actually knows who Kirby might have mentioned.

If Kirby was gushing over Froome on the Zoncolan stage it was completely okay, same with today's Yates-gushing; the guy was all but assumed to lose pink, yet he didn't!

(The Danish commentators also did a fair bit of gushing over Pedersen. A bit ironic now, considering...)

I tuned in to some of the commentary early on when Kirby and Kelly were trying to make close ups and vertical helicopter shots of riders like Sven Tuft seem interesting. I was glad I had to go out to work! I did learn that Kirby says all Danes are great TTers 'because it's so flat'. You can never tell when he's joking!

Re:

argyllflyer said:
I tuned in to some of the commentary early on when Kirby and Kelly were trying to make close ups and vertical helicopter shots of riders like Sven Tuft seem interesting. I was glad I had to go out to work! I did learn that Kirby says all Danes are great TTers 'because it's so flat'. You can never tell when he's joking!

At least he didn't say all Danes are moody........

Re:

argyllflyer said:

:lol:

Good thing Breschel isn't in this race. His rather (in)famous for his terribleness on the TT bike.

Also, who said they're moody?

TRENDING THREADS