• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 157 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
I have reached the conclusion that Thomas Bay and Jesper Worre has been living under a rock. Somehow they missed the Archbold to Bora news.

I don't think Bay is living under a rock. A bit embarrassing that he had missed this news item but he is usually very well-informed.

Seems like he took a vacation, then.

Hasn't he been commenting cycling races almost every day this year?

tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
I have reached the conclusion that Thomas Bay and Jesper Worre has been living under a rock. Somehow they missed the Archbold to Bora news.

I don't think Bay is living under a rock. A bit embarrassing that he had missed this news item but he is usually very well-informed.

Seems like he took a vacation, then.

Hasn't he been commenting cycling races almost every day this year?

Not literally. In the "keeping up with things" sense.
Though, maybe the fact that he's been so busy, means he hasn't had time to check the news.

10 km to go in Turkey: Ewan is possible injured, so Kirby suggests he may not be the man for Lotto today. Proceeds to highlight Carl Fredrik Hagen, who is not in the race, and Roger Kluge, the heaviest bike rider imaginable, for the final ramp. I feel bad for the people who get their cycling 'education' through watching Eurosport.

Phenomenal race today but Declan and Sean were totally misled by the gaps at 1.5km to go. We see exactly where the leaders are in a shot that handily has some yellow signs in it as the leaders have this ahead of them right before there's a cut to all the chasers who can also see the signs, but the gaps are shown as 21 sec to Kwiat and 28 sec to the bunch. On a milk float maybe!

British Eurosport commentary pairings so far (mens .WT, .HC and .1 only):

Tour Down Under (highlights): (world feed - Liggett & McEwan)
Cadel Evans Great Ocean Race: (world feed - Keenan & McEwan w/ Evans)
Vuelta a San Juan: Hatch & Backstedt (stage 1), Stephens (stage 2-7)
Challenge Mallorca: Hatch (solo)
Herald Sun Tour (highlights): (world feed - Keenan & David McKenzie)
Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana: Hatch & Smith
Tour of Oman (recap): (world feed - Marty MacDonald)
Clasica de Almeria: (ES Player only)
Trofeo Laigueglia: (ES Player only)
Volta ao Algarve: Hatch & Stephens (stages 1-3), Simon Gerrans (stages 4&5)
Vuelta a Andalucia: Kirby & Smith
UAE Tour: Hatch & Gerrans (stage 1), Smith (stage 2-7)
Omloop Het Niewsblad: Quigley & Backstedt
Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne: Quigley & Backstedt
Le Samyn: Hatch & Backstedt
Strade Bianche: Hatch & Backstedt
Paris-Nice: Hatch & Kelly
Tirreno-Adriatico: Kirby & Smith
Tour de Taiwan: Kirby (solo)
Nokere Koerse: Hatch & Backstedt
Bredene Koksijde (formerly Handzame) Classic: Stephens & Backstedt
Milan-Sanremo: Hatch & Stephens
Tour of Catalunya: Kirby & Stephens
Driedaagse Brugge-De Panne: Hatch & Smith (men) / Lucy Martin (women)
E3 Binckbank Classic: Hatch & Backstedt
Gent-Wevelgem: Quigley & Smith
Dwars Door Vlaanderen: Kirby & Smith
Giro di Sicilia: Quigley (solo stage 1) & Smith (stage 2-)
Ronde van Vlaanderen: Kirby, Quigley, Kelly & Stephens
Vuelta al Pais Vasco: Kirby & Smith
Scheldeprijs: Quigley & Backstedt
Paris-Roubaix: Hatch, Quigley, Kelly & Stephens
Tour of Turkey: Kirby & Smith
De Brabantse Pijl: Quigley & Stephens
Amstel Gold Race: Quigley & Kelly
Tour of the Alps: Hatch & Stephens (stages 1-3, 5), Backstedt (stage 4) (live from Monday 22nd April)
Tro Bro Leon: Quigley & Backstedt
La Fleche Wallonne: Kirby & Stephens
Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Hatch & Smith
Tour de Romandie: Kirby & Smith
Eschborn-Frankfurt: Quigley & Stephens
Tour de Yorkshire: Quigley & Gibb
Giro d'Italia: Hatch & Kelly (UK) / Kirby & Backstedt (International) (live from Sat 11th May)
Tour of California: Kirby & Smith (stages 1-3), Gibb & Smith (stage 4-) (live from Sun 12th May)
4 Jours de Dunkerque: Tony Gibb & Colin Sturgess
Criterium du Dauphine: Stephens & ??

Selected future events confirmed

Tour de France: tbc
Vuelta a Espana: tbc

Who is Orla Chennaoui anyways? Always found her a bit annoying in the Cycling Podcast.

For the Danes, Brian Holm and Thomas Bay will comment the Giro with Staehlin and Worre in the studio. That is a pretty nice setup, espcially with Worre out and Holm in, Bay and Holm has a great chemestry and I still havent forgiven Worre for *** Rasmussen over back in 2007.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Who is Orla Chennaoui anyways? Always found her a bit annoying in the Cycling Podcast.

For the Danes, Brian Holm and Thomas Bay will comment the Giro with Staehlin and Worre in the studio. That is a pretty nice setup, espcially with Worre out and Holm in, Bay and Holm has a great chemestry and I still havent forgiven Worre for **** Rasmussen over back in 2007.

I too find Oral C very annoying ..her voice and her constant laughing at nothing ...
Jon Edwards grew on me to be honest ...would prefer him to her

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

For the Danes, Brian Holm and Thomas Bay will comment the Giro with Staehlin and Worre in the studio. That is a pretty nice setup, espcially with Worre out and Holm in, Bay and Holm has a great chemestry and I still havent forgiven Worre for **** Rasmussen over back in 2007.

And Holm isn't going to run off to California first?

HelloDolly said:
Valv.Piti said:

I too find Oral C very annoying ..her voice and her constant laughing at nothing ...
Jon Edwards grew on me to be honest ...would prefer him to her

Reminds me of someone else..........Edwards is pretty good.

TRENDING THREADS