• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
Just realised that Suisse isn't even shown on Eurosport. They're showing a rerun of stage 5 of Tour of Hungary at the time it would seem obvious to show Suisse.

They don't have the rights.

They do in UK. There was meant to have been TdS highlights after Dauphine highlights, but the tennis overran, so they showed Dauphine but not TdS. On late tonight, I believe.

I'm livid with Eurosport UK....Not showing Tour de Suisse or Dauphine live today
They have highlights for Tour de Suisse but its on after midnight while Dauphine highlights on twice this evening already??
How does that make sense
The current Tour champion, British rider & Sports personality is at the Tour of Switzerland
This is what most UK cycling fans want to see ...

luckyboy said:
argyllflyer said:
Giro d'Italia: Hatch & Kelly (UK) / Kirby & Backstedt (International) (live from Sat 11th May)

Hatch and Kelly on British Eurosport today. So is Kirby only international ES for GTs now? :)

That would make some very happy!

Ias a bit tied up with other things yesterday but I did notice that the studio guests talked for a good while up to and over KM 0.

therealthing said:
For goodness sake- how hard is it to remember that Sky changed to Ineos? Kirby is paid to commentate yet he cannot get basic details correct.

Well we have commentators who can't get riders names correct. I think they've called Ineos Sky as well, but I don't remember as I don't fully pay attention to them because a good part of the time they aren't making sense anyway.

argyllflyer said:
luckyboy said:
argyllflyer said:
Giro d'Italia: Hatch & Kelly (UK) / Kirby & Backstedt (International) (live from Sat 11th May)

Hatch and Kelly on British Eurosport today. So is Kirby only international ES for GTs now? :)

That would make some very happy!

Ias a bit tied up with other things yesterday but I did notice that the studio guests talked for a good while up to and over KM 0.

Orla said at the time they had problems connecting to the commentary team, so that was the reason they carried on talking.

I watched partly on the Eurosport player today. They had a camera on the individual teams ( not sure if it worked for all of the teams ) for almost the whole course. The camera bike wasn't presumably allowed to go completely to the finish as it suddenly stopped towards the end. No commentary, bliss, no idea on distance completed or to go on screen, not so good, and they didn't tell you which camera was on which team so you had to work it out for yourself ( no 1 on Ineos and then seemed to follow in order of start). A nice new approach from the TDF though and good for Eurosport to be accessing it even if it only seemed to be on the player.
I still don't like TTT in Its but at least you can watch the teams you really want to and not just the one the French editor wants you to see.

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Wiggins on the motorbike today was comedy gold, loved his exchange with Maxime Bouet and ranting about flower pots being left in the road.

Did you catch his earlier comments re Wanty? He was sailing a little close to the wind there.

Anyway, he is off air now until he returns in the final week. I think the producer may be feeling some relief or maybe they love his spontaneity.

wirral said:
Pricey_sky said:
Wiggins on the motorbike today was comedy gold, loved his exchange with Maxime Bouet and ranting about flower pots being left in the road.

Did you catch his earlier comments re Wanty? He was sailing a little close to the wind there.

Anyway, he is off air now until he returns in the final week. I think the producer may be feeling some relief or maybe they love his spontaneity.

Yes that was right on the limit, but overall his section on the motorbike was very good and pretty well recieved looking at social media.

I look forward to more laughs next week, it certainly brightens up some parts of the stage where little is happening.

Note the irony taking place over at the CN live commentary.
The commentators seem to enjoy quoting some of the most banal sentences in Carlton Kirby's book while (not) commenting on a banal stage of the tour de France. You see, there is nothing to say. The stage will be a bore-fest until there are 10 km's remaining.
Yet my man Carlton Kirby is being made fun of because there is absolutely nothing else to talk about. I guess you know how Kirby feels when he has to fill in three hours of dead air before something exciting happens.
I would get a kick out of Kirby if he decided to fill dead air by reading quotes from the CN broadcasters during a dull as dishwater stage.

TRENDING THREADS