• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 191 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dunno, who that Dutch female is that's right now in Belgium but she's quite good. I first heard her during that Roeselare classic with Gitsberg that (who else) Merlier won. She has a great, calmy voice which is great for a commentator. She seems to have a decent sense of humour (at least for me). However, she also has a great and clearly understandable (looking at you Kelly) accent with a high "a" sound and somehow manages to make one of the ugliest languages in the world (Dutch) with its throat-destroying gurgling sound very elegant.

Dunno, who that Dutch female is that's right now in Belgium but she's quite good. I first heard her during that Roeselare classic with Gitsberg that (who else) Merlier won. She has a great, calmy voice which is great for a commentator. She seems to have a decent sense of humour (at least for me). However, she also has a great and clearly understandable (looking at you Kelly) accent with a high "a" sound and somehow manages to make one of the ugliest languages in the world (Dutch) with its throat-destroying gurgling sound very elegant.

She makes it sound really boring though.

It is Jose Been ! She's a well-researched commentator and the one who got Quinn Simmons into trouble on twitter.

Who was doing Slovenia with Smith?

dqNN7Km.png

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
Logic-is-your-friend

It was a typo smart ass ....you must be perfect

Dont read my posts and dont reply ...I would prefer if you would ignore because I am putting you on ignore ...
I think Evenepol will go for it
I didnt attack Evenepol and say he has the race craft of a brick
What is more he will beat the over hyped Evenepol in races like this is in the future
So its Almedia's and Evenepol;s ( the new Hinault, the once in a generation cyclist who will put on the pink and never take it off again) to lose now !! 1&2 like Sunweb last year I guess
I think that poll is just another opportunity for Evenepol fans to keep the hype high...Why leave out Yates and Bernal ?
Evenepol didnt have much left imo ...Since Masnada and Almedia rode for him and he didnt finish it off and of course QS wanted pink

Well, the list goes on and on, so it doesn't look like a typo. Sorry to have offended you.

British Eurosport commentary pairings season 2021 (men's elite):

Grand Prix La Marseillaise (live on 31/1): Kirby & Smith (ES Player/GCN only)
Tour of Provence (live from 11/2): Lloyd & Stephens (ES Player/GCN only)
Clasica De Almeria: Hatch & Backstedt
Tour of Alpes-Maritimes (live from 20/2): Been & Stephens (ES Player/GCN only)
UAE Tour (live from 21/2): Kirby & Smith
Omloop Het Niewsblad (live on 27/2): Lloyd & Blythe
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne (live on 28/2): Hatch & Blythe
GP Le Samyn (live on 2/3): Been & Backstedt
Strade Bianche (live 6/3): Hatch & Lloyd
Grand Prix Jean Monsere: (live 7/3): Been & Backstedt
Paris-Nice (live from 7/3): Hatch & Blythe
Tirreno-Adriatico (live from 10/3): Kirby & Lloyd
Nokere Koerse (live on 17/3): Been & Backstedt
Bredene Koksijde Classic (live on 19/3): Been & Backstedt
Milano-Sanremo (live on 20/3): Hatch & Smith
Volta Ciclista a Catalunya (live from 22/3): Kirby & Smith
Brugge - De Panne (live on 24/3): Hatch & Blythe
E3 SaxoBank Classic (live on 26/3): Hatch & Blythe (ES Player/GCN only)
Gent - Wevelgem (live on 28/3): Stephens & Blythe
Cholet Pays De La Loire (live on 28/3): Been & Backstedt (ES Player/GCN only)
Dwars door Vlaanderen (live on 31/3): Kirby & Blythe
GP Miguel Indurain: (live on 3/4): Jez Cox & Blythe
Ronde van Vlaanderen (live on 4/4): Kirby, Lloyd, Backstedt & Blythe
Itzulia Basque Country: (live from 5/4): Kirby & Smith
Scheldeprijs (live on 7/4): Stephens & Blythe
Presidential Tour of Turkey (live from 11/4): Kirby & Smith
Brabantse Pijl (live on 14/4): Stephens & Lloyd (ES Player/GCN only)
Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana (live from 14/4): Been & Backstedt
Amstel Gold Race (live on 18/4): Stephens & Blythe
Tour of the Alps (live from 19/4): Stephens & Lloyd
Fleche Wallonne (live on 21/4): Kirby & Blythe
Liege-Bastogne-Liege (live on 25/4): Hatch & Smith
Tour de Romandie (live from 27/4): Hatch & Smith
Volta ao Algarve: Kirby & Backstedt
Giro d'Italia (live from 8/5): Hatch & Lloyd with Kelly, Smith, Backstedt, Blyth (+ Dan Bigham stage 1, Hannah Walker stage 6, Wiggins)
Tour of Hungary (live from 12/5): Kirby & Backstedt
Circuit de Wallonie: Been & Smith (ES Player/GCN only)
Challenge Mallorca series (highlights): Quigley (solo)
Tro Bro Leon (on 16/5): Cox & Walker
Vuelta a Andalucia (live from 19/5): Kirby & Smith
Tour Du Finistere (live on 22/5): Been & Backstedt (ES Player / GCN only)
Vuelta Ciclista a Murcia (live on 23/5): Kirby & Smith
Volta Limburg (live on 24/5): Kirby & Smith (ES Player / GCN only)
Mercantour Classic (live on 24/5): Been & Backstedt (ES Player / GCN only)
Critirium Du Dauphine (live from 30/5): Kirby & Smith
Tour de Suisse (live from 6/6): Hatch & Backstedt
Tour of Slovenia (live from 9/6): Cox & Smith
Tour of Belgium (live from 9/6): Been & Stephens
Adriatica-Ionica (live from 15/6): Quigley & Backstedt
Spanish National Championship (live on 20/6): Hatch & Stephens
French National Championship (live on 20/6): Kirby & Smith
Tour de France (live from 26/6): Kirby & Hatch with Harris-Bass, Smith, Kelly, Lloyd, Wiggins, Roger Hammond, Backstedt & Wiggins
Tour de Wallonie (stages 3-5 live from 22/7): Stephens & Backstedt (ES Player/GCN only)
Olympic Road Race - Men (live on 24/7): Stephens & Smith
Olympic Time Trial - Men (live on 28/7): Stephens & Michael Hutchinson

Last edited:
May 23, 2021
Visit site
First post on here, but i feel the need to address Rob Hatch pronunciation which is driving me nuts, I love the Eurosport coverage the commentary with the insightful Sean Kelly, Carlton Kirby and the banter with J H Bass,But Rob Hatch has really gone into overdrive with He's pronunciation, I really noticed it this year at the Giro,as their was no Carlton to give us some respite,Rather than turn the sound off when Robs on i can now switch over to ITV4 as they are showing full coverage ,Please Eurosport get Rob Hatch to dial it down from 11 to perhaps a 5, no more Baarharraan.

First post on here, but i feel the need to address Rob Hatch pronunciation which is driving me nuts, I love the Eurosport coverage the commentary with the insightful Sean Kelly, Carlton Kirby and the banter with J H Bass,But Rob Hatch has really gone into overdrive with He's pronunciation, I really noticed it this year at the Giro,as their was no Carlton to give us some respite,Rather than turn the sound off when Robs on i can now switch over to ITV4 as they are showing full coverage ,Please Eurosport get Rob Hatch to dial it down from 11 to perhaps a 5, no more Baarharraan.

+11

:D

edit: btw another +11 to the hr team whatevs who found J H Bass. Perfect voice, flamboyance and panache for his role in commentry just absolutely fabulous :kissingheart:

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS