• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 213 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yep Rob Hatch still dialling in from his Spanish isle as far as i know!

As soon as I say Rob Hatch is in Spain, he pops up in Bath:

FSENqkuWYAEgtU6

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer commentary on site at the venue; the analysis is fine from a studio. I understand under Covid times that remote commentary was needed, but not now.
The World feed commentary are on site, and a shame we can't select it.

But we have Wiggins on site for analysis which consisted of time trailing being the Race of Truth and that the guy who won the time trial is the strongest in the race and will win it.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
But we have Wiggins on site for analysis which consisted of time trailing being the Race of Truth and that the guy who won the time trial is the strongest in the race and will win it.
Did you catch him on Ewan's crash the other day? "Caleb went down. It looked like he had a crash." This is the level of insight that drives subscriptions.

Sideshow Rob did his best on useless facts about Hungary but he needed more than just the road book and its three or four facts which he kept recycling (that Best Town Square of 2017 one was ace, even the seventh time he said it).

Things got so bad yesterday I actually switched over the Dunkerque, where Kirby and Smithy were droning on.

This is generally the problem with having them broadcast from England as they're not able to give little anecdotes about bumping into riders or team officials or tell us about a cool cafe, stunning scenery or whatever. There's so many boring days in GTs that you need a bit of colour.

And yeah I switched over to Dunkerque as well. It felt strange listening to Kirby doing a fairy minor race while "Sideshow Rob" was with the lads on Giro duty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts