• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 221 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Does anyone know into which countries the Tour de France’s official world feed, broadcasts into
I believe 19 countries pick up this English feed ...UK is not one so will need to use a VPN if I want to listen to it
Wales and Ireland have native language comms

South Africa maybe one but does anyone else know any other countries who would broadcast this feed
Australia and US have their own comms teams on their networks but maybe other channels there ?
How about Asia ??

This is like the best kept secret in cycling ...why is it so hard to find out ????
I suppose the rights ES?GCN/NBC pay ASO means they cant tell the ordinary folks
Aso earn millions just on TV rights

The official has link labeled "Broadcasters" on the main menu. Is that what you are looking for?

Does anyone know into which countries the Tour de France’s official world feed, broadcasts into
I believe 19 countries pick up this English feed ...UK is not one so will need to use a VPN if I want to listen to it
Wales and Ireland have native language comms

South Africa maybe one but does anyone else know any other countries who would broadcast this feed
Australia and US have their own comms teams on their networks but maybe other channels there ?
How about Asia ??

This is like the best kept secret in cycling ...why is it so hard to find out ????
I suppose the rights ES?GCN/NBC pay ASO means they cant tell the ordinary folks
Aso earn millions just on TV rights

I think S4C in the uk (wales) might.

Putting aside the good/bad pundits and commentators discussions for a moment, I find their current rider interviews somewhat underwhelming.
Whilst appreciating that covid has restricted opportunities and riders can only be interviewed if available, the current guy used does not seem able to bring out that little extra. His questions are often repetitive and confusing.
Contrast with others like Daniel Friebe who is much more probing, or Laura Meseguer who creates the more intimate situation, even getting Cavendish on her side.
Personally I would give the mic to Wiggins.

Putting aside the good/bad pundits and commentators discussions for a moment, I find their current rider interviews somewhat underwhelming.
Whilst appreciating that covid has restricted opportunities and riders can only be interviewed if available, the current guy used does not seem able to bring out that little extra. His questions are often repetitive and confusing.
Contrast with others like Daniel Friebe who is much more probing, or Laura Meseguer who creates the more intimate situation, even getting Cavendish on her side.
Personally I would give the mic to Wiggins.

Is it the French guy whose English is borderline unintelligible?

Please don't give Wiggins the mic!

Reactions: HelloDolly
Is it the French guy whose English is borderline unintelligible?

must be, from Velopro, they are doing interviews for basically all Eurosport races now.

The good thing about it is that all interviews are immediately available on their Youtube channel, so you can watch them before the race (someone should tell the commentators, though - translations should be much better, given that opportunity) and that they are able to do their live ticker from the road, which is always the best one online. But yes, he is very hard to understand, I don't like his way to ask questions (often answering it himself), and the answers consequently are often bad as well - unless it's a very talkative rider.

Last edited:
must be, from Velopro, they are doing interviews for basically all Eurosport races now.

The good thing about it is that all interviews are immediately available on their Youtube channel, so you can watch them before the race (someone should tell the commentators, though - translations should be much better, given that opportunity) and that they are able to do their live ticker from the road, which is always the best one online. But yes, he is very hard to understand, I don't like his way to ask questions (often answering it himself), and the answers consequently are often bad as well - unless it's a very talkative rider.
Yes that's the guy, a number of riders seem to struggle to understand him.

Many thanks for expressing it in a much more eloquently than myself.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS