• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 224 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is the equivalent of stealing second off of some lazy play in the outfield on a single. I've got some absolute long distance bombs that were only TLDR singles :laughing:

I also forgot Dan Martin as an option for more recent GC contenders - he'd probably be pretty good if he wanted to go into it.
I was thinking about Dan Martin yesterday as a good candidate. He always came across well in the diaries section in the Procycling magazine. I think he's busy with whatever project he announced he was going to do this year after retiring though.

Reactions: Sandisfan
FVyVNGvXwAIL5X7

Nicolas Roche with Ant McCrossan on world feed ... ok

cremation plans ads inside itv cycling coverage... is that normal for uk?

Pretty much all ads on afternoon TV in The UK are reminders that you, someone you know, or a complete stranger/donkey, are likely to shuffle off this mortal coil sooner rather than later. I think the assumption is that most of the viewing audience at that time is pensioners. Is it not the same in other countries?

Sean Kelly needs to go easy on the "poor bike handler" label he assigns certain riders (Roglic, Thomas etc.).

When a peloton is charging into a sprint or going full gas on narrow roads, it's a lottery. Some riders are also smaller, lighter & get mauled way easier.

I find the whole "this rider is from cross so he's a great bike handler" or "this rider is a better bike handler because he went through all the youth categories" argument completely misplaced with regards to at least 90% of the crashes we witness in modern cycling.

It's a meat grinder out there.

This is the equivalent of stealing second off of some lazy play in the outfield on a single. I've got some absolute long distance bombs that were only TLDR singles :laughing:

I also forgot Dan Martin as an option for more recent GC contenders - he'd probably be pretty good if he wanted to go into it.
Martin comes off as knowledgeable but really relatable and happy to converse with his followers on Twitter. As a contender for top 10s in the Froome/Contador/Nibali era along with a very brief time in the same team as Pogacar he should have plenty of relevant recent insight into training and preparation as well as tactics.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
Martin comes off as knowledgeable but really relatable and happy to converse with his followers on Twitter. As a contender for top 10s in the Froome/Contador/Nibali era along with a very brief time in the same team as Pogacar he should have plenty of relevant recent insight into training and preparation as well as tactics.

LIke Dan Martin, knowledgeable and smart . Great on the written stuff but not soo good orally ...tends to hum and haw and ramble

Might be ok in the studio rather than on comms

LIke Dan Martin, knowledgeable and smart . Great on the written stuff but not soo good orally ...tends to hum and haw and ramble

Might be ok in the studio rather than on comms
Swap him on the sofa for Blythe and most of the forum would be much happier!

Most of his interviews have been when gasping for air at the end of a huge mountain stage finish when he is half dead so to expect great insight then is a big ask.

TRENDING THREADS