• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 226 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, embarrassing stuff from Kirby and Sean Kelly not recognizing the portrait of Chris Anker Sørensen. "Whom are we looking at? Whoever Chris was, we salute you."

Lawn mower operators hates Kirby/Kelly, now that they have to print notes for them on tdf fields:
BNoOEDY.jpg

I can't watch Cavendish. He needs media training. He needs to stand still when presenting.

Eurosport have done this before with Greg Lemond. You can't just throw people into presenting if they are not presenters no matter how good they were at cycling and how knowledgeable they are. It is a skill like bricklaying or journalism or hairdressing. A total amateur will mess it up.

I can't watch Cavendish. He needs media training. He needs to stand still when presenting.

Eurosport have done this before with Adam Blythe. You can't just throw people into presenting if they are not presenters no matter how they were at cycling and how unknowledgeable they are. It is a skill like bricklaying or journalism or hairdressing. A total amateur will mess it up.

FTFY

Eurosport have done this before with Greg Lemond. You can't just throw people into presenting if they are not presenters no matter how good they were at cycling and how knowledgeable they are. It is a skill like bricklaying or journalism or hairdressing. A total amateur will mess it up.

Lemond, bless him, also has ADHD. this results in a lot of unfinished sentences and seeming distractions. You can actually see it in his interviews when racing. And if you watch anything since it is very apparent.

Takes nothing away from the man, just not the best presenter for sure, particularly if he is leading the segment.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Does Wiggins actually serve any purpose, or are they just humpuring him by giving him this role.

I don't think I have ever heard him say anything that adds value to coverage, and a lot that detracts.

Agree with this 100%. He adds absolutely nothing. States the obvious. Simply describes what we have already seen. And is a complete shill for Ineos. He has clearly spent no time doing any homework on any rider he did not compete with. Feels he shouldnt have to.

I couldn't agree with you more. There was one point, during stage 9 when Hatch asked Cavendish a question and Cavendish clearly wasn't paying attention and the question had to be asked again. His segment was terrible. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have him take on smaller events first and get more comfortable and familiar with the process. I realize he's still an active rider, but it was a very poor performance.

I couldn't agree with you more. There was one point, during stage 9 when Hatch asked Cavendish a question and Cavendish clearly wasn't paying attention and the question had to be asked again. His segment was terrible. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have him take on smaller events first and get more comfortable and familiar with the process. I realize he's still an active rider, but it was a very poor performance.
I was quite surprised, it the past he has been quite good when BBC used him in Olympic coverage.

Agree with this 100%. He adds absolutely nothing. States the obvious. Simply describes what we have already seen. And is a complete shill for Ineos. He has clearly spent no time doing any homework on any rider he did not compete with. Feels he shouldnt have to.

haha yeah, absolutely.
something like....
"... this Astana rider out the back amongst the cars. I don't know his name - let's call him 'Dave'.
Dave, is desperately trying to get back to the peloton..."

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS