• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 229 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Meanwhile on French Eurosport

Fa3ZNuvWIAEWuuZ

Fa3ZNurXoAcwSvH

Interesting commentary team for the final couple of stages of l'Avenir on British Eurosport. José Been is obviously a regular lead commentator, but alongside her will be fellow dutchman and former junior cx world champ Jens Dekker. Obviously we've had two commentators whose English isn't their first language commentating together (Been and Bäckstedt) but probably haven't had two who both speak the same first language.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Interesting commentary team for the final couple of stages of l'Avenir on British Eurosport. José Been is obviously a regular lead commentator, but alongside her will be fellow dutchman and former junior cx world champ Jens Dekker. Obviously we've had two commentators whose English isn't their first language commentating together (Been and Bäckstedt) but probably haven't had two who both speak the same first language.

Dekker is half Australian though, so I assume he might have spoken more English as a child than Been, Bäckstedt and Kirby.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Hearing Ned Boulting on Eurosport/GCN is different!

They took the world feed comms for once, on which Boulting was flying solo. I expect it was through gritted teeth as they had exhausted all their other options. Personally, I wish they would do it more often on races which are only on GCN+ and not Eurposport, where they don't have to factor in throwing to ad breaks. I have tried to give Jez Cox the benefit of the doubt but am afraid he doesn't quite cut it for me.

I'm not one to moan about commentators, but Adam Blythe was chatting pure s**t on the breakaway today
I generally don't mind Blythe, but he does occasionally come out with some 'interesting' things and yesterday was one of them.

One of the things was obviously where he hypothesised that Evenepoel didn't even have a puncture as no sealant was squirting out. There are a couple of things there. 1 we don't know how soon after the puncture the cameras were showing him. 2 Tubeless sealant doesn't quite work that way. Unfortunately this probably isn't the greatest thing to say after Roglic's injuries, sealant will seal small to maybe medium holes and might spray out a small amount at the start, but it doesn't work in the same way as if you just punctured an artery.

Reactions: postmanhat
Kirby at start of Vuelta stage 17 :

we understand that nothing is broken, it is possibly something to do with concussion protocols, who know, whatever, we will ride on without REMCO

then, he fixed himself

TRENDING THREADS