• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 230 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've noticed a few times over the last couple of weeks that Brian Smith's mike occasionally cuts out. Is he still doing it from home and not Discovery in London?
I believe so, yes. He even mentioned that he had gone to close the window of his home studio the other day as the heavy rain outside was audible! I think he might travel to the studio if his co-commentator is there but if they are also working remotely there isn't much to be gained. Apart from avoiding the occasional drop-out, of course.

Reactions: lemon cheese cake
Tour de Slovaquie (2.1)
That was one of the wrost commentarys on a race i have ever heard
Kirby couldnt call any riders and his sidekick was nearly as bad
And they didnt know who was in the front group and called the wrong winner and didnt kniow who won for an age

How can thse people not be pulled up on not doing their homework..lazy

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Karsten Migels spoke about the finish in Luxembourg today

"Maybe if you remember the 2002 Tour de France..."

I was laughing like "Yeah Karsten, 2002. I've got that images at pat immediately of course. Who doesn't? "

Then he mentioned how Rubens Bertogliati won and got the yellow jersey there.

I was like "***, I truly remember that actually!" :D

• Haha
Karsten Migels spoke about the finish in Luxembourg today

"Maybe if you remember the 2002 Tour de France..."

I was laughing like "Yeah Karsten, 2002. I've got that images at pat immediately of course. Who doesn't? "

Then he mentioned how Rubens Bertogliati won and got the yellow jersey there.

I was like "***, I truly remember that actually!" :D
I think Karsten Migels only remembers things that happened a long time ago.

• Haha
RaiSport is listed as a sponsor on the race website.
Can't wait for Sunday to hear Kirby when Mohammad GANJKHANLOU, Bilguunjargal ERDENEBAT and Peerapol CHAWCHIANGKWANG all go in the break.
will be worse if it's Hatch. After research he'll be giving us Haanikanal, Ridenba, and Qwaqwanjakwang.
Hatch can annoy me but I'll give him credit on the Thai names. He didn't try to sound "Thai" and said the names close enough for me to understand who he was talking about. +16 points. Still in the red, tho.

Looks like no Giro dell'emilia on Eurosport this Saturday, which is a shame as it's the first of the fall races where the big names are competing.

Does anyone know if it's likely to be covered by a broadcaster and so possibly available on Tiz etc?
There is a 90 minute programme on Rai Sport from 15.10 CET. It can be accessed free via Raiplay but if you are outside Italy you will most likely need a VPN. I'm surprised GCN+ haven't picked this up; the climb past the arches up to the sanctuary is one of my favourite images in road racing

TRENDING THREADS