• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 239 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kirby is worse than ever. he loves to say something completely inaccurate and then repeat it constantly, like how today's last descent was 26k long despite it starting with 34k to go and there was still a 12km finish climb. thank god for GCN's multiple language tracks. i switched over to spanish and i don't even understand spanish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abedfo
Kirby is worse than ever. he loves to say something completely inaccurate and then repeat it constantly, like how today's last descent was 26k long despite it starting with 34k to go and there was still a 12km finish climb. thank god for GCN's multiple language tracks. i switched over to spanish and i don't even understand spanish.
HIs notes were all over the place today - Smith had to put him right at least twice on how far it was to the top of the penultimate climb despite it being shown on screen.

He also appears to have a new favourite word in "Baroudeur".

Reactions: zlev11 and Abedfo
Yes, a good duo. They both have a large amount of experience of speaking/presenting. It is more like a conversation about the bike race, as they have the both the ability to do the lead role and expert role.

Matt just seems far more relaxed with Dan, its like the commentary becomes simply a conversation between the two about whats happening, which is perfect commentary, rather than when Matt is alongside others where he seems to get hopelessly excited about everything.

but it was the same on the womens race, Marty & Dani C were chatting away normally, and Marty was making some interesting points for once and not just flapping to fill dead air.

maybe DdV is just a more chilled out race compared to some of them

In which countries is this "world feed" available? Don't most broadcasters use their own commentary team?
I'm currently visiting South Africa and the world feed with Stephens/Hatch is on here. It seems that Supersport (the satellite broadcaster with the sub-Saharan Africa rights) use the world feeds for races and never provide their own comms. Guess there are other smaller broadcasters around the world who do the same.

Reactions: Monte Serra
Hannah Walker is very well informed when it comes to calling men's races - Reckon she knows more about the men's peleton than the women's peleton.
In fairness to her, she spent most of her career within the domestic scene in the UK, only in the last year of her active career was WNT (the team she largely rode with) an international team (it's now Ceratizit). Dani Christmas was also something of a veteran of the UK domestic scene but she also spent four years riding overseas in a variety of other scenes, such as with Bizkaia-Durango and Lotto-Soudal, so she's got a bit more insight of the different national teams and scenes than Walker does.

TRENDING THREADS