• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 243 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
plum-apple-cobbler-f3a801f.jpg

If on Sunday one undertakes a cobbler. Not much one can do after. Maybe to watch some LBL. While snoozing. So best not to offer cobbler to the commentators before the race starts or during. After the race it's OK.

I don't watch the pre show and often just have the post race analysis as background noise rather than just watching it, but I do find it strange that Eurosport/GCN never have a live studio show for Liege (or Lombardy for that matter) considering it is categorised as a monument, while other 'smaller' races like Omloop and Strade do have one.

Yes, I've wondered that....both races are the other Monuments, and you'd think they'd receive the same type of coverage. However, I think they're reinforcing the view that the 'cobble season' are the most interesting races of the year - and the 'Ardennes week is less interesting. By the time of Lombardia, it's been a long season, so can't be bothered with a studio show.....

I believe CK is working for the host broadcaster at Romandie so those of us in the nay camp and watching via GCN can enjoy a week off.

It looks like the grand tours will follow the same pattern as last year with Hatch leading for the Giro supported by Dan Lloyd, CK and Hatch sharing the Tour then CK main man at the Vuelta without Hatch.

Reactions: Abedfo
Commentator says that he doesn't now whether riders tied for first on GC will be determined by countback of finishing positions or by fractions of seconds from the time trial. Well you bloody well ought to know: it is your job to know, it is a fundamental in the rules of the sport without being subject to change by the race organisers, and as a commentator you should be informing the viewer, not declaring your culpable ignorance to them.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Commentator says that he doesn't now whether riders tied for first on GC will be determined by countback of finishing positions or by fractions of seconds from the time trial. Well you bloody well ought to know: it is your job to know, it is a fundamental in the rules of the sport without being subject to change by the race organisers, and as a commentator you should be informing the viewer, not declaring your culpable ignorance to them.

I believe CK is working for the host broadcaster at Romandie so those of us in the nay camp and watching via GCN can enjoy a week off.

It looks like the grand tours will follow the same pattern as last year with Hatch leading for the Giro supported by Dan Lloyd, CK and Hatch sharing the Tour then CK main man at the Vuelta without Hatch.
Yep, I was listening to the 'international feed' from Romandie today and was blessed with the dulcet tones of CK. He did mention he was currently unemployed for the Giro weeks and urged his fans to write to their host broadcasters... so perhaps things could still change. :)

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
And every time Nicolas Roche pronouncing Majka, makes me cringe very deep. But how beautiful is his French as he slips in to it sometimes.
And someone needs to have a word with Stephens about the different between the letter J in Spanish and Central/Eastern European accents. Constant reference to Harold Teyada today made me almost wish that Hatch was commentating. But only almost.

TRENDING THREADS