• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I didn't watch the stage today so I may have missed something, but does anyone know why Duarte dropped out today? I was really looking forward to watching him in the real mountain stages.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
A lot of cyclists get tendonitis, part of the job description you might say.

Real shame for Duarte. Hopefully he will be back on song for La Vuelta

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Now Rafa Valls have to man up and cover the responsabilities that Duarte was going to have...
Dont know how is that you are dismissing Ardila so quickly...? He will be more useful than Sastre...

Integral in the sense he would be like the last man to fire Menchov. Just like Heras for LA. Not dismissing Valls/ Ardilla ( both great riders along with Blanco, Valls attacking in last yr's TDF )but i think Menchov might not be able to take so much time out of anyone now in mountains as much.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I missed Duarte too. I think he would've been given the green light to proceed when Menchov couldn't. May have even been up there with Garzelli, Nibali and Arroyo.