• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fausto Masnada Grinta Appreciation Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I ever ade that accusation, that's heresy! I just compared his Lombardia ride to Rosa's performance in the 2016 edition of the same race.

I think that was a more impressive performance by Rosa back then. But it was also a much more compelling race. Of course you can't be a total slouch when you're the only one to make it to the line with Pogacar. But Rosa had also been domestiqueing that day. Too bad he never found those legs again.

Rosa was a monster in the 2015 edition of Lombardia as well. He put in some great work for Nibali and still finished 5th.

I don't know what the issue in comparing the two careers actually is. Rosa has won Milano - Torino and a stage in a WT race. He also has a top10 in LBL, in addition to the two top5 in Lombardia. I'd probably take his palmares over Masnada's at the moment.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Rosa was a monster in the 2015 edition of Lombardia as well. He put in some great work for Nibali and still finished 5th.

I don't know what the issue in comparing the two careers actually is. Rosa has won Milano - Torino and a stage in a WT race. He also has a top10 in LBL, in addition to the two top5 in Lombardia. I'd probably take his palmares over Masnada's at the moment.

I would think there is a hope that Masnada will not stall as abruptly as Rosa did.

I ever ade that accusation, that's heresy! I just compared his Lombardia ride to Rosa's performance in the 2016 edition of the same race.
Sorry, I misrepresented your view slightly, but I think it would be implied when you compare.d him to Rosa. Fausto has 10x the charisma.

It's not about the palmares but the essence, the way your soul lights up when that rider dances away from the peloton. Diego Rosa was for maybe 3 seasons a beast rider on that Astana 2015-16 supersquad and the 1 year at Sky. But ultimately he sacrifice his options to become a rich robot at Sky and became a nobody. And he was not the same exciting guy that Fausto is. Fausto can win giro, Rosa might get another coppe e Bartali win or some Tirreno KOM jersey. And nobody is excited about reliving the best moments of Diego Rosa, maybe only that stage in Basque country he won. Every kids in Bergamo want to be Fausto Masnada.

I would think there is a hope that Masnada will not stall as abruptly as Rosa did.
You are right.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
Sorry, I misrepresented your view slightly, but I think it would be implied when you compare.d him to Rosa. Fausto has 10x the charisma.

It's not about the palmares but the essence, the way your soul lights up when that rider dances away from the peloton. Diego Rosa was for maybe 3 seasons a beast rider on that Astana 2015-16 supersquad and the 1 year at Sky. But ultimately he sacrifice his options to become a rich robot at Sky and became a nobody. And he was not the same exciting guy that Fausto is. Fausto can win giro, Rosa might get another coppe e Bartali win or some Tirreno KOM jersey. And nobody is excited about reliving the best moments of Diego Rosa, maybe only that stage in Basque country he won. Every kids in Bergamo want to be Fausto Masnada.

You are right.

Masnada cannot win the Giro, come on ..

TRENDING THREADS