• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fausto Masnada Grinta Appreciation Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mononucleosis is no joke, especially for a professional athlete.
Could be season over for him.
It's really a terrible situation for Fausto. I genuinely can't belive this.

I think he had it once before in the u23s.

I think it's also what derailed Chaves career.

I think the chronic fatigue is the worst from what I heard.

All the best to Fausto. He is an emotional guy, I hope he is OK.

• Sad
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc-hfZbDiaS/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Today Fausto did 2h on the bike, around 64km. First time proper training since Catalunya abandoned and Mononucleosis. He described it as the happiest moments of the last 40 days and gives an update on his situation which you can read here.

He is really dissapointed to miss the Giro, but is determined to come back and show the cycling world his brilliance.

Please give your support to Fausto . He is a gracious and emotional guy.

It's really a terrible situation for Fausto. I genuinely can't belive this.

I think he had it once before in the u23s.

I think it's also what derailed Chaves career.

I think the chronic fatigue is the worst from what I heard.

All the best to Fausto. He is an emotional guy, I hope he is OK.
You're correct, he had Mono in the u23 ranks after his impressive season as a first year u23 rider. That and injuries kept him back for a long time until he won the Piccolo Giro di Lombardia alongside his teammate Ciccone (they arrived at the finish together and Ciccone didn't contest the sprint because he already had a pro contract for the coming season and Masnada didn't).

TRENDING THREADS