• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gent Wevelgem

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ProTour teams:
AG2R LA MONDIALE - FRA
ASTANA - KAZ
CAISSE D'EPARGNE - ESP
EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI - ESP
FOOTON-SERVETTO - ESP
FRANÇAISE DES JEUX - FRA
GARMIN - SLIPSTREAM - USA
LAMPRE-FARNESE VINI - ITA
LIQUIGAS-DOIMO - ITA
OMEGA PHARMA-LOTTO - BEL
QUICK STEP - BEL
RABOBANK - NED
SKY PROFESSIONAL CYCLING TEAM - GBR
TEAM HTC - COLUMBIA - USA
TEAM KATUSHA - RUS
TEAM MILRAM - GER
TEAM RADIOSHACK - USA
TEAM SAXO BANK - DEN

Wild cards:
LANDBOUWKREDIET - BEL
TOPSPORT VLAANDEREN - MERCATOR - BEL
ACQUA & SAPONE - ITA
SKIL - SHIMANO - NED
VACANSOLEIL PRO CYCLING TEAM - NED
CERVELO TEST TEAM - SUI
BMC RACING TEAM - USA

gent Wevelgem course preview

gent_wevelgem_map_600.jpg

Who do you think will win? Discuss...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Boasson
Burghardt
Boonen

Boasson will go away with Burghardt and boasson will beat Burghardt in the sprint. boonen will clean up in the bunch sprint.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Should think Bo-Hagen will make sure he is in the mixer for this one, I mean he's beaten Cancellara in a time trial, picked up a buch sprint with the big boys (if a little wrecklessly) so much to the Team Sky haters dismay he is in form... and the fact he didn't/couldn't do much at M-SR means he'll be chomping at the bit.... Although no doubt Boonen will want to strike while his metaphorical iron is hot.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Up to this year, it was either a bunch sprint, or whoever got lucky with the wind won.

Now the course has been radically redesigned, so it's going to be entirely different.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
Anyone has a bigger map of the route?
I didnt know there were big changes.

I think it is more hilly then previous editions, next year it will be larger in length too.

i'll make a prediction when a see a more solid startlist.
should be a good w.e with e3 and this.

issoisso said:
Up to this year, it was either a bunch sprint, or whoever got lucky with the wind won.

Now the course has been radically redesigned, so it's going to be entirely different.

You really don't understand cross-wind riding if you say that. You don't "get lucky" in the wind. Only strong riders survive.

Maybe it's because you are from Portugal that you don't understand, but this type of riding is for the strong men. It has nothing to do with 'getting lucky'.
Hagen is a classic type of rider who you'd expect to do well when there are cross winds.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You really don't understand cross-wind riding if you say that. You don't "get lucky" in the wind. Only strong riders survive.

Maybe it's because you are from Portugal that you don't understand, but this type of riding is for the strong men. It has nothing to do with 'getting lucky'.
Hagen is a classic type of rider who you'd expect to do well when there are cross winds.

Wind changes quite a bit. If the wind is decimating the peloton, then you have to be strong. But if you just happen to be ahead when the wind changes and disorganizes the chase, then you're lucky. I'm not talking about anyone specifically, much less Hagen.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
pedaldancer said:
Should think Bo-Hagen will make sure he is in the mixer for this one, I mean he's beaten Cancellara in a time trial, picked up a buch sprint with the big boys (if a little wrecklessly) so much to the Team Sky haters dismay he is in form... and the fact he didn't/couldn't do much at M-SR means he'll be chomping at the bit.... Although no doubt Boonen will want to strike while his metaphorical iron is hot.

A wreckless race is a good race :D

reckless is a different matter though ;)

TRENDING THREADS