• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, Stage 3: Enna – Etna 150 km

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
After years of watching the Tour this is the first Giro I am watching... and boy have I already been blown away. That stage was way more entertaining than almost any Tour stage I've seen.
That's usually because of a much weaker field. And I'm not talking about the GC contenders, but the domestiques. You don't have a strong team to control the pace on the climbs and you can get total anarchy from the beginning. Especially after Astana lost Lopez and Vlasov.

Imagine the Tour Jumbo team on today's climb. They finish with 5 riders in the top10.

Could end up seeing the three muppets Froome, Thomas and Bernal starting a GT together after all.

No dominant teams here, good stuff, ripe ground for a randomer totally fluking one from a breakaway.

With no dominant team able to control and with all those classic type stages we will see a lot of attacks, big fights for breakaways, and GC fighting and working not only last 3 km. Hopefully.
And probably another very surprising winner.

Reactions: Sandisfan
This could turn into a Nibali-Kruijswijk rematch, with Fuglsang as the third contender.
I think Kelderman has better chances than Kruijswijk, and Fuglsang so far has never shown he can do 3-week races well from start to finish. Majka is a good climber and has a good team, but he will bleed time in the TTs. Kelderman is my outside bet at this point.

So do we think Yates is definitely done for the podium?

3 mins is a horror show but if he just had a really bad day (with MS riding it seems unlikely there was something they knew about in advance ) at a really bad time (pace being pushed early with G off the back) the others will likely let him go if he tries an early punt and you'd not be shocked if he found a minute or more back on a gift if his legs are actually closer to TA level and not this .

Admittedly it's super hard to see but weirder things have happened

3 mins is a horror show but if he just had a really bad day (with MS riding it seems unlikely there was something they knew about in advance ) at a really bad time (pace being pushed early with G off the back) the others will likely let him go if he tries an early punt and you'd not be shocked if he found a minute or more back on a gift if his legs are actually closer to TA level and not this .

I don't think that 3 minutes is enough for him to be allowed to go from the group of favs.

Sep 28, 2020
Visit site

Given the rate that the contenders are thinning out he could still win the MR :p
Maybe he's doing a reverse of 2018, this was his bad day and watch him dominate the race from now

Reactions: saunaking

TRENDING THREADS