• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2023, Stage 6: Napoli – Napoli 162 km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mads Pedersen is racing as aggressively as you possibly can being the type of rider he is. Its entertaining, but its also maximizing his chances of winning racing so smartly (primarily the Belgian classics). He knows the absolute elite is better, so he needs to get an advantage and then use his motor and great sprint.

I honestly don't see how you POSSIBLY can blame Mads Pedersen, and Im on of the the least chauvisnistic person on the forum. I generally don't give a damn about danish passports, but cmon man, thats just ludicrous.

OK Toby on this one occasion I can concede that i know less about a Danish than 2 Danish people. So maybe Pederson is a bit of a charismatic maverick and I just haven't seen it yet. But as a rider he doesn't make me want to attack my local climbs and descents like Landa, Alaphilippe, Nibali, masnada, Sagan or people like that. And he was a pro for 8 years and had only 1 (dull) haircut. And after Yorkshie I know he won a lot , very good rider, but I can't remember any of those victory, its like he hits the front and my mind just blanks
Where do you rate De Marchi on your haircut scale?

Reactions: RedheadDane
didn't read anything about it either, but going by the pictures, it seems to have happened inside that little gruppetto he was in.
CN appears to have an article about it on the front page, but being I'm not a paying member I only get to read the free part. Hopefully those who have read the whole thing can shed some light on Cav's latest tumble.

Reactions: search
Congratulations so Mads Pedersen for winning the sprint and joining the club of all 3 GT's stage winners.

For a moment i started cheering for the breakaway but this concept is just not a thing anymore. In today's cycling. A bit of drama from Rogla and Thomas having a mechanical. A crash by Cavendish ... Beyond that a rather predictable stage in regards to GC riders holding back for tomorrow.

CN appears to have an article about it on the front page, but being I'm not a paying member I only get to read the free part. Hopefully those who have read the whole thing can shed some light on Cav's latest tumble.

"However, the worst moment of the day for the Astana Qazaqstan rider came at the foot of the descent off the Colle de San Pietro, the unclassified climb which followed Valico di Chiunzi. Although yet to be definitively confirmed, the Briton was reportedly thrown off balance by a freakishly-strong gust of wind as the race reached the coast at Amalfi, according to the race organiser, and crashed, again."

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
"However, the worst moment of the day for the Astana Qazaqstan rider came at the foot of the descent off the Colle de San Pietro, the unclassified climb which followed Valico di Chiunzi. Although yet to be definitively confirmed, the Briton was reportedly thrown off balance by a freakishly-strong gust of wind as the race reached the coast at Amalfi, according to the race organiser, and crashed, again."
Thanks for the info!

Haven't heard him mentioned yet but apparently Cav did start stage 7 (which is underway as we speak), so at least he's well enough to ride.

TRENDING THREADS