• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 112 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They weren't flawed, because those were the only 2 valid outcomes in the WCh at the end last year. But as I said before I don't think Roglic had the legs to do more anyway, and if he had, he surely wasn't obliged to ride for van Aert.
What two outcomes? You mean Alaphilippe or Van Aert's win I guess? It's easy to know that after the race. I wonder if Roglic win was a valid outcome to you in Liege? If yes, why it wasn't valid at the Worlds?

What two outcomes? You mean Alaphilippe or Van Aert's win I guess? It's easy to know that after the race. I wonder if Roglic win was a valid outcome to you in Liege? If yes, why it wasn't valid at the Worlds?
Van Aert clearly had enough left in the legs considering the work he was doing in the chase. He would've cleaned up a sprint against those guys on a tricycle if needed.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Van Aert clearly had enough left in the legs considering the work he was doing in the chase. He would've cleaned up a sprint against those guys on a tricycle if needed.
I've seen way stranger things than Van Aert losing to some of that guys. It's WC finale, everybody has a chance.

Edit: You saw it today too...

Last edited:
I honestly think he's the 2nd favorite for Fleche. Also I hope he doesn't wait for the final 200m.

I want a frequent, well known climb to have its record obliterated.

TJV to go thermonuclear from the bottom, and only Pog&Rog will stay with the mighty WVA. Rog will attack to finish the job only to be overtaken inches from the line by Pog, who will get another climb record to his collection.

I think the reason why both WvA and Roglic are at Amstel is because TJV are a Dutch team. Amstel is the biggest Dutch one-day race and they really want to win it. It's also the strongest team TJV had in a one-day race this year. Kinda how Movistar goes bonkers with their leaders in Spanish races.
Yeah and it's just a very reasonable addition for both Van Aert and Roglic. Van Aert had no Roubaix to care for anymore, Roglic is relatively underraced and doing Ardennes anyway.

Amstel is also the race where having multiple leaders is much more useful than FW or Liege.

Yeah and it's just a very reasonable addition for both Van Aert and Roglic. Van Aert had no Roubaix to care for anymore, Roglic is relatively underraced and doing Ardennes anyway.

Amstel is also the race where having multiple leaders is much more useful than FW or Liege.
WvA:
"The men from the Basque Country join us so we are going to have a strong team. I'm looking forward to it, but I was really thinking about this race today," Van Aert said.

"Our tactics? That becomes obvious. I am faster at the finish and Roglič can make more of the race."

So Roglic will attack at Amstel ? :p

WvA:
"The men from the Basque Country join us so we are going to have a strong team. I'm looking forward to it, but I was really thinking about this race today," Van Aert said.

"Our tactics? That becomes obvious. I am faster at the finish and Roglič can make more of the race."

So Roglic will attack at Amstel ? :p
Roglic will sit on van Aert and tell him not to pull too hard so he can take the bonus seconds away accidentally winning the Amstel

TRENDING THREADS