• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 114 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@BlueRoads has kidnapped him and is holding him hostage in a former factory bulding? :eek:

But he looks happy, right?

That's nonsense of course! Why would I kidnap Roglic? He's very low on my priority kidnapping list. These are the riders I will kidnap first:
  1. Hodeg
  2. Kwiatkowski
  3. Kämna
  4. Alaphilippe
  5. Carapaz
  6. Pinot
  7. Bardet
  8. Higuita
  9. Ewan
  10. Ganna

Roglic is like number 35 or something.
And Chris Horner? No thanks, you can have him any time.

Sleeping like a pro

EzBSq26WUAAEZIc

EzBSq20WYAo9-u2
This is just T-1000 back in factory for couple quick repairs before the next race.

That's nonsense of course! Why would I kidnap Roglic? He's very low on my priority kidnapping list. These are the riders I will kidnap first:
  1. Hodeg
  2. Kwiatkowski
  3. Kämna
  4. Alaphilippe
  5. Carapaz
  6. Pinot
  7. Bardet
  8. Higuita
  9. Ewan
  10. Ganna

I honestly thought he was talking about Chris Harper again. The guy looks more like Michael Mørkøv, though, so I guess Greipel or Viviani may be the real culprits.

View: https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1382765831751352322

No Dauphine this year, not sure if this is the right decision. But I guess him doing bad performances in the last stages of Vuelta/Tour probably because of lack of freshness led to this.
This was the plan since the beginning of the year. The most important reason is he wants to keep as much freshness as possible (lol, freshness after a GT for GC, good luck with that) for the Olympics, which are also a big goal for him.

Reactions: Carols

1. Hodeg
  2. Kwiatkowski
  3. Kämna
  4. Alaphilippe
  5. Carapaz
  6. Pinot
  7. Bardet
  8. Higuita
  9. Ewan
  10. Ganna
I don't know why, I was also wondering. But you did it. Proof is in the picture in this thread. Maybe playing with those Amstel beers too much lately got you drunk. :p

No Dauphine this year, not sure if this is the right decision. But I guess him doing bad performances in the last stages of Vuelta/Tour probably because of lack of freshness led to this.

In 2019 he had almost a 2 month break between the end of the Giro & the start of the Vuelta (which he dominated), with only one race (Slovenian championship) in between. So he's sort of following a proven method here. IMO it also shows how his stature as a rider has grown & Jumbo now clearly see him as their number one for the Tour (unlike last year for example where "officially" Dumoulin shared leadership).

The only unknown for me is this years Slovenian National Championship, i.e. with or without Roglic I can't seem to find a date anywhere on the calendar (last year it was held in June).

Reactions: Sandisfan

They want him fresh as much as possible for Tour. And totally ready without any crashes like last year. This could be the best version of Roglič ever. All in for Tour and the only captain of a very strong team.

In 2019 he had almost a 2 month break between the end of the Giro & the start of the Vuelta (which he dominated), with only one race (Slovenian championship) in between. So he's sort of following a proven method here. IMO it also shows how his stature as a rider has grown & Jumbo now clearly see him as their number one for the Tour (unlike last year for example where "officially" Dumoulin shared leadership).

The only unknown for me is this years Slovenian National Championship, i.e. with or without Roglic I can't seem to find a date anywhere on the calendar (last year it was held in June).
Slovenian Cycling Association doesn't specify NC race in their events calendar either - which is weird since they have all the other far less relevant races listed there. I read in Slovenian media that he would try and defend the title (in the same article that published the news about him skipping Dauphine) but i guess that could also have been just pure speculation.

I think he should skip it TBH (though it would be exciting to watch it live). If part of the reason for 2 month absence from racing is to minimise the risk for an injury then attending the race would just be a deviation from that concept... Such a shame to be giving up his beautifully designed jersey :D

Ineos and Jumbo both trying something different re: altitude this year. Ineos are not normally on Tenerife this early (their TdF team is normally up there in May) and I imagine they'll be back for another dose pre-Tour. Will be interesting to see how close to the Tour Roglic comes back down.

Skipping Dauphine is first and foremost probably due to the Olympics. Keeping the form for a week longer would in theory be easier without a race beforehand. And Roglič is the rider with whom you can take this approach since he has shown time and time again that he is in top form right off the bat. He does not really need races to get himself into form.

On the other hand, he will go to the Tour with only 17 race days - after the Tour and the Olympics the number won't surpass 40 racing days. Meaning that there should be the Vuelta option in there if needed. Oficially he will be doing the Canadian classics (if they even take place... traveling from continent to continent is not the norm lately) and the autumn Italian classics after the Tour. But I really doubt that the number 1 cyclist in the world will only have like 45 race days in the whole season... for comparisson, last year he had accumulated 50 race days in a span of three months and in 2019, when he raced a full season, he did 69 days. So I really think the chances of him being at La Vuelta are big. Especially if he does not win the Tour.

Reactions: Luthor
I don't know why, I was also wondering. But you did it. Proof is in the picture in this thread. Maybe playing with those Amstel beers too much lately got you drunk. :p

I finally found "me".

Oh my god! What did I do?! I'm so sorry! I will deliver him at the Dutch border as soon as possible, okay? Please pick him up there, otherwise I would have to quarantine for 10 days.

• Haha
Reactions: MTV and Sandisfan
I do wonder what is going on with the slovenian championships? I cannot find a date for it either, but I cannot imagine it is cancelled as there is other racing in slovenia going on.

And that will likely mean another Pogacar-Roglic showdown...

i read an article online about the Tour of Slovenia early June and 2 big slovenian names had agreed to compete there ...

Surprising decision. I don't remember any contender preparing for the Tour without any race in May or June. Maybe he wants to maintain a small psychological advantage over Pog ahead of the Tour. This long break could be helpful after the TdF though: Olympics, maybe Vuelta. With or without a prep race I'm expecting Primoz to be in top form anyway (albeit maybe a bit rusty in the first week).

Surprising decision. I don't remember any contender preparing for the Tour without any race in May or June. Maybe he wants to maintain a small psychological advantage over Pog ahead of the Tour. This long break could be helpful after the TdF though: Olympics, maybe Vuelta. With or without a prep race I'm expecting Primoz to be in top form anyway (albeit maybe a bit rusty in the first week).

The first time he won the Vuelta, he had had exactly one race-day since the end of the Giro. Un that light, it should not be that surprising even if it certainly isn't conventional.

TRENDING THREADS