[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
pastronef said:
nah, dont think so. it's just marketing stuff (and i dont like it)

just as 2010 when team SKY asked their AUS riders not to compete in the AUS road champs. and wait to race in their team Sky kit in the TDUnder.
pastronef said:
"The series should mark the debut appearance for the GreenEdge project which will learn next month if the outfit will become Australia's first awarded a UCI ProTour licence. Cyclingnews understands that the squad will race as two separate teams for the four criteriums. However, the GreenEdge kit is unlikely to be the same as what will be worn throughout the season, with that due to be officially unveiled on the eve of the Tour Down Under mid-January."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/notorious-cheese-grater-corner-cut-from-2012-jayco-bay-cycling-classic
but the sky riders did take part in the bay series classics, they just didnt ride in sky kit riding instead for Skilled/Lowe Farms, Mazda etc
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
The jersey situation is odd. Are they going to have an alternate jersey for the nationals and then unveil their real kit before TDU? Seems that they are implying they will have a jersey just for the national championships which is odd.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
The jersey situation is odd. Are they going to have an alternate jersey for the nationals and then unveil their real kit before TDU? Seems that they are implying they will have a jersey just for the national championships which is odd.
how many time can a team modify their kit during the season?? (see CerveloTT, Garmin-Cervelo, SKY....)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
pastronef said:
how many time can a team modify their kit during the season?? (see CerveloTT, Garmin-Cervelo, SKY....)
You can change your kit once a year for one race.

Cervelo did it in the Tour to wear white shirts, Sky did it in the Tour of BRitain 2010 and Tour de France 2011 to promote the rainforest rescue appeal. They also changed the font for the 2010 Italian races but Sky Italia now have the same logo as BskyB
 
Ferminal said:
So the new (proper) kit would be at the nationals. At the Bay Classic it doesn't matter as it's not UCI sanctioned.
let's say they go with another kit at the Nationals, so they change the 1ST time to have the official kit for TDUnder.

if they find a title sponsor during the year, then they could have to change for a 2ND time
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
TeamSkyFans said:
You can change your kit once a year for one race.

Cervelo did it in the Tour to wear white shirts, Sky did it in the Tour of BRitain 2010 and Tour de France 2011 to promote the rainforest rescue appeal. They also changed the font for the 2010 Italian races but Sky Italia now have the same logo as BskyB
ONCE-Eroski changed their kit for the TdF too.
 
Sep 20, 2009
263
0
9,030
pastronef said:
ONCE (without eroski) changed their kit since the old days. see the pink shiny Astana style skinsuit from the Tour prologue in 1993.
i can't find a picture, i remember it form the BICISPORT italian magazine
This was for the Tour only so that they didn't clash with the yellow jersey. Mercatone Uno (Pantani 2000) also changed to pink.
 
Oct 8, 2011
211
0
0
Ferminal said:
There was a brief interview with Bannan on the radio today.

Says that financial criteria has been given the tick by E&Y, so now down to ethical and administrative.

Their final 3 signings will be announced next week apparently, (Kruopis, Durbridge and Hepburn no doubt).

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/more/audio/

(there's an interview with Haas a bit further down the page too).
I heard an interview with McEwen where he confirmed he will finish up at the end of May and then he will scout the Tour sprint finishes and be with the team during the Tour preparing them for the sprints. Wonder whether he will finish by doing the Giro.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
Luke Schmid said:
I heard an interview with McEwen where he confirmed he will finish up at the end of May and then he will scout the Tour sprint finishes and be with the team during the Tour preparing them for the sprints. Wonder whether he will finish by doing the Giro.
He said Tour of California is likely to be his last race.
 
Jul 27, 2009
496
0
0
Pro-continental

Whatever the real reason for Matty Lloyd's sacking, it seems to have circulated around the top teams enough to discourage anyone from hiring him.

Unless Cadel specifically wanted him at BMC as a climbing domestique (and, frankly, you'd think he'd have been signed by now if that was an option) it'll probably be a second or third-tier team who picks him up.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
Can anyone reveal a link which shows GE and Lloyd were actually in discussion? I don't think they were and iirc he had 2 other teams interested.

Lol at Kroupis getting 2 sentences at the end.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts