• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 144 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Chaves and Simon has momostly ridden the Giro/Vuelta and performed well there. The puncheurs, Albasini, Gerrans, Matthews, Impey etc., will always be outclassed by even better riders like Sagan, whereas in the lesser GTs, they could (in theory) shine much more. Add to that that they have no sprinter (atleast Ewan hasnt ridden the Tour) and that I feel they are a pretty conservative team.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Chaves and Simon has momostly ridden the Giro/Vuelta and performed well there. The puncheurs, Albasini, Gerrans, Matthews, Impey etc., will always be outclassed by even better riders like Sagan, whereas in the lesser GTs, they could (in theory) shine much more. Add to that that they have no sprinter (atleast Ewan hasnt ridden the Tour) and that I feel they are a pretty conservative team.
Gerrans? Matthews? Ewan? The year is currently 2019!

Re: Re:

stefank said:
Valv.Piti said:
Gerrans? Matthews? Ewan? The year is currently 2019!

He is explaining why they have only won four stages in history... :Neutral:

Re: Re:

dirkprovin said:
42x16ss said:
yaco said:
Ewan should be able to win a stage at the TDF - You know that Mezgec will give him at least two gilt edge chances in which he is in prime position - And Ewan must finish this GC.
In a clean sprint? Certainly. But how often is a TDF sprint clean? Demare, Bouhanni, Cavendish, Greipel and Sagan will just bludgeon Ewan out of the way. Kittel will steal Ewan’s wheel in the blink of an eye and laugh the whole way to the finish.

Mezgec is a fine leadout man but not a scrapper in the vein of Docker or Kluge. This is what Ewan needs when the argey bargey is on.

As for finishing the race, he’s still only 23. Stage wins are more important than an anonymous ride to Paris.
As for finishing a GT; I take a middle line. I frankly doubt that he can do so at this point. A stage win would be a nice "selling point" and we need to acknowledge that he WILL be off contract at the end of 2018 .... and Orica really is no longer a viable option for a sprinter of his skills set. Another GT win plus a swag of WT points from some early season wins will be attractive to some teams especially those lower on the totem pole needing the points to WT licence retention. However, sooner or later he will need to show the capacity to finish a TDF at least if he is to be a "marquee sprinter" capable of delivering a win for his team on what is one of the most watched race days of the year (Champs Elysses).
It has been provin, Dirk. Such a shame he didn't get to race a single GT in 2018. 5 stages at the Giro and Tour, and the win on Champs.

So, Huertas and his "Manuela Fundacion" are claiming to have bought the Greenedge WT licence, while Gerry Ryan claims they're only a sponsor.

Anyone familiar with Huertas' past beyond what's already mentioned in the press? Because from where I am sitting Ryan gets the benefit of the doubt

I don't see any confusion from my end reading the two news article - Manuela Fundacion have jumped onboard as a naming sponsor and for reasons of efficiency the team licence will be changed for the 2021 season - One thing this clearly shows is people's dreams that you can always work from home is a fallacy - You still need face to face meetings to make some important decisions.

I don't see any confusion from my end reading the two news article - Manuela Fundacion have jumped onboard as a naming sponsor and for reasons of efficiency the team licence will be changed for the 2021 season - One thing this clearly shows is people's dreams that you can always work from home is a fallacy - You still need face to face meetings to make some important decisions.
What does that have to do with anything

Good.

Now maybe they can go back to finding a solid sponsor. With the Mitchelton Conti team's Asian focus and Shayne Bannan's relationship with the Chinese Head track coach they should be looking to secure an Asian sponsor.

There were rumours of Huawei coming on board at one stage, but don't know how much truth there is to that.

Good.

Now maybe they can go back to finding a solid sponsor. With the Mitchelton Conti team's Asian focus and Shayne Bannan's relationship with the Chinese Head track coach they should be looking to secure an Asian sponsor.

There were rumours of Huawei coming on board at one stage, but don't know how much truth there is to that.

My understanding is they Huawei locked and loaded until the arrest of the Huawei executive in Canada last year - These things happen.

Most regular people can see this a mile off. Is there some sort of deficiency with people who own sports teams or licences where they get fooled by sparkling objects? This fiasco reminds me of HAAS F1 and the Rich Energy sponsorship.

Looks dodgy, smells dodgy. These organisations don't even bother to have a proper website.
Not even the first time it's happened.

Yes, there's an actual Nigerian prince scandal that worked not once, but twice.

TRENDING THREADS