• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
ingsve said:
Oh boy. A rider for the flats and ITTs. Just what they needed.

Yep, I would have hoped with Stephens coming out of the Caisse d'Epargne set-up, he might have had an inside line on an up and coming Spanish stage racer or two to bring across, but the 'international' slots appear to be filling and its increasingly looking like chasing down breaks and the WC TTT are the focus.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
just some guy said:
Alan Davis official now

Nearly said:
OK it's official - one announcement a day this week!

Hope Alby brings some points as he is not bringing form. Will he get more opportunity in what is looking to be a sprinter rich team?

Some Guy - have you jumped the gun on Alby (causing me to break as well)? The only announcement today so far appears to have been "GreenEDGE gets Tuft" which, contrary to popular belief, is not what a number of other teams may be thinking but rather relates to the signing of Svein.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Starting to look like GreenEdge could develop into the new HTC.

lots of riders than can pull the peleton along all day and set up the sprints, win a few time trails, maybe occassionally contend for a GC top 10 without truly threatening.

only problem is i do not think their sprinters are not fast enough yet. Nationally aside Cavendish should have gone to GreenEdge.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Nearly said:
Some Guy - have you jumped the gun on Alby (causing me to break as well)? The only announcement today so far appears to have been "GreenEDGE gets Tuft" which, contrary to popular belief, is not what a number of other teams may be thinking but rather relates to the signing of Svein.

Nope Wes Sulzberger hoped Davis knee was getting better and congradulation for signing with GE last night and Alby said thanks

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
just some guy said:
Nope Wes Sulzberger hoped Davis knee was getting better and congradulation for signing with GE last night and Alby said thanks

Yes plenty of unofficial noise been around for quite some time. Suspect Wes' comment was a slip rather than any official announcement - the latter seem tied to a comical drip.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Nearly said:
Yes plenty of unofficial noise been around for quite some time. Suspect Wes' comment was a slip rather than any official announcement - the latter seem tied to a comical drip.

Not a Official announcement but still.

Wes_Sulzberger Wesley Sulzberger
@
@allandavis27 they will help you get it sorted, they fixed me. congrats on the signing with GE. #ETC
13 hours ago

allandavis27 allan davis
@
@Wes_Sulzberger Thanks mate, Good Professional treatment and good company! #ETC

Just think it´s funny the whole Greenedge marketing crap.

Bill Hicks on Marketing - if you are in marketing kill yourself :D

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I really really hate the find new post feature on this site. Upgrade the servers ffs.

Time to find his statements when he signing for SpiderTech I think. A year is a long time.

Anyway that's the Canuck announced. 2 unconfirmed riders signed too. Will they rush the Davis press release now that cat is out of the bad or will they do a DT?

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
daveinzambia said:
Starting to look like GreenEdge could develop into the new HTC.

lots of riders than can pull the peleton along all day and set up the sprints, win a few time trails, maybe occassionally contend for a GC top 10 without truly threatening.

only problem is i do not think their sprinters are not fast enough yet. Nationally aside Cavendish should have gone to GreenEdge.
I think Goss focusing on sprints year round could win quite a few races.

He isn't as good as Cavendish, but no one is. He is as good as basically anyone else going around.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
The reason I mentioned Cav is it looks like a team suited to having THE best sprinter. i.e. pulling all day, dominant lead out train.

talking of which according to twitter they are about to announce someone new. Apparently they have a big engine. edge of my seat for this one then.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Durbridge if they think engine as in TT. Imagine if it was Eisel :p

Could also mean engine as in top sprinting speed, in which case it could be anyone of the rumoured sprinters :D

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I'm just excited to see their play on this person's name for their headline.

perhaps the drip-feed of signing announcements is down to a member of senior management's unfulfilled dream of being a sub-editor for a tabloid.

TRENDING THREADS