• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Updating a list with confirmed. Again, no suprises.
Confirmed: Jack Bobridge (Garmin-Cervelo), Cameron Meyer (Garmin-Cervelo), Travis Meyer (Garmin-Cervelo), Stuart O’Grady (LeOpard), Daniel Teklehaymanot (Eritrea), Jens Mouris (Neth/Vacansoleil), Simon Gerrans (Sky), Sebastian Langeveld (Neth/Rabobank), Pieter Weening (Neth/Rabobank),Tomas Vaitkus (Neth/Astana), Baden Cooke (Saxo Bank-SunGard), Matt Wilson (Garmin-Cervelo), Svein Tuft (Spidertech), Simon Clarke (Astana)

Looking for Dean and Davis annoucements soon.
Likely to join: Michael Albasini (Swtz/HTC-Highroad), Allan Davis (Astana), Julian Dean (NZ/Garmin-Cervelo), Luke Durbidge (Jayco-AIS), Mitch Docker (Skil-Shimano), Matt Goss (HTC-Highroad), Michael Hepburn (Jayco-AIS), Leigh Howard (HTC-Highroad), Brett Lancaster (Garmin-Cervelo), Matt Lloyd (released Omega Pharma -Lotto), Luke Roberts (Saxo Bank-SunGard), Wesley Sulzberger (FDJ),

Targeted: Tony Martin (Ger/HTC-Highroad).

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
m68vjd.jpg

Firstly my slight hope of the big engine being Tony Martin signing is gone and now this... that is horedous... I'll still support them though :D

Bannan says that choosing which riders to recruit to the team hasn’t been a simple case of looking at the results sheet or the world rankings. A critical part of his selection criteria has been how each rider would fit into the team.

Yep, he certainly fits in. Strong time trial and decent sprint, just like everyone else.

“Having Tomas in the team is a great coup for the type of team we are trying to build,” Bannan said.

It really looks like they are trying really hard to be god at just one thing pretty much.

Vaitkus is handy, but we already knew he was coming. Seems they could be scraping the barrel soon, all will be revealed once the THR fellas make their moves (this week I guess).

How are the black sleeves on that kit? Horrible.

Gerrans got a fair slab of points for his effort yesterday.

Ferminal said:
Vaitkus is handy, but we already knew he was coming. Seems they could be scraping the barrel soon, all will be revealed once the THR fellas make their moves (this week I guess).

How are the black sleeves on that kit? Horrible.

Gerrans got a fair slab of points for his effort yesterday.

Well, a fair handful at least. Before Plouay he was worth 20 points and with his 3rd spot he moved from 70th place which is worth 10 points to 33rd sport which is worth 30 points so in effect he gained 20 points if he can stay in that 31-50 bracket.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Oh, I've seen the jersey for next year. Not going to describe it because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to but my opinion on it is that if you could think of the blandest, boring-est jersey design you could think of, this would beat it.

Tuarts said:
Ugh. :D

Ok, to clarify: there was no sponsors at all on the jersey, it was just a template that I was told they will use, and stick sponsors on wherever. It was all white, except for black sleeves and a GE logo on the front. Can't remember shorts. It was very bland and uninspiring. Will they actually use that one? I don't know but its what I saw. :D

"I told you so" :D

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The international women being linked are Ellen van Dijk, Adrie Visser (HTC High Road) and Iris Slappendel (Garmin-Cervélo). Those 3 are off contract though, so they could go anywhere.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
dnlbenson Daniel Benson
Gazetta report that Nygaard is going to GreenEdge to become their press officer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't see that one coming.

More importantly, Shack-Trek could make a half decent GC rider or two available!

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
dnlbenson Daniel Benson
Gazetta report that Nygaard is going to GreenEdge to become their press officer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't see that one coming.

:confused:

Greenedge aren't going to be finding a title sponsor anytime soon then ;)

TRENDING THREADS