• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Are there anyAussies left on the pro-tour circuit that have not either joined or are likely to join (as mentioned above) Greenedge besides Cadel Evans?

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Jethro said:
Are there anyAussies left on the pro-tour circuit that have not either joined or are likely to join (as mentioned above) Greenedge besides Cadel Evans?

Off the top

Michael Matthews
Mark Renshaw
CJ Sutton?

Probably some more.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Jethro said:

No, all 30 odd (minus Cadel) are ALL joining GE.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
One question, and forgive my ignorance but I've never really followed track cycling, but won't a lot of the riders focus on the Olympics next year? Bobridge, Meyer? Howard? And won't it affect their seasons quite a lot?

Their middle season yes, but expect alot of them to ride the Giro and many early season races then disappear until London 2012.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
you would think so yes. That or he probably rides another season with rabo cont.
Dennis has to be frustrated a little... last year he'd signed with Pegasus, and now he has to wait at least a year longer before he gets a pro contract. Unless Rabo let him go.

But he has shown absolutely zilch this season, maybe he's been a good domestique but no results whatsoever. That is, until this week in l'Avenir.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Dennis has to be frustrated a little... last year he'd signed with Pegasus, and now he has to wait at least a year longer before he gets a pro contract. Unless Rabo let him go.

But he has shown absolutely zilch this season, maybe he's been a good domestique but no results whatsoever. That is, until this week in l'Avenir.

yeah he wasn't too great in terms of results. Difficult to know how one has truly gone with the limited coverage with youngsters. He often played second fiddle to markus and bol I guess. Maybe a confidence issue.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
i think a lot of people (euros) take the quality of australian riders for granted. without many australian riders, some european guys wouldnt look so good.
greenedge dont need to take euro's (they feel sorry for them tho) look at gilbert and thor - seriously ?? they be some good super-domestics ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
Yeah but Dennis has great potential. He has featured on the track a bit as well. Veryyyyyyyy happy about Matty Goss who had me worried that he might go to Sky. Ludicrous in hindsight but worrying for a bit.

I actually thought Sky was a done deal before I read the recent news.

What's up with teams not announcing their signed riders or riders just saying which team they signed to?

It seriously ****es me off and makes me happy HTC is dead. How long does Cavendish want to remain silent? It's becoming almost childish.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I actually thought Sky was a done deal before I read the recent news.

What's up with teams not announcing their signed riders or riders just saying which team they signed to?

It seriously ****es me off and makes me happy HTC is dead. How long does Cavendish want to remain silent? It's becoming almost childish.

more childish than being angry because you can't know something right now?

What's the rush? HTC still exist, and he won't be racing for his new team for at least 4 months.

TRENDING THREADS