• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Simon clarke rode a really smart race to take the pressure off the Aussies. Hasn't been recognised enough in the media. we all know hindsight is wonderful but Renshaw could have well been the missing link in a Rainbow jersey for Greenedge.

It would have been so good to have Goss as WC. ( No forum explosion/ rage and he would have beat Cav ) Also he would not get dropped easily, he could be like Hushovd. Next year at the TDF. Goss to win the 1st sprint stage over Cav if he rides, then to maybe clinch another win over him somewhere.

Sydney21 said:
Simon clarke rode a really smart race to take the pressure off the Aussies. Hasn't been recognised enough in the media. we all know hindsight is wonderful but Renshaw could have well been the missing link in a Rainbow jersey for Greenedge.

Hats off to Clarke. Next year i hope he can podium at a classic. I think it was the dude who swerved Into Goss that hurt as well, along with the fact someone interposed themselves between Haussler and Goss.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
Hats off to Clarke. Next year i hope he can podium at a classic. I think it was the dude who swerved Into Goss that hurt as well, along with the fact someone interposed themselves between Haussler and Goss.

Was a good race for GreenEdge

OK, i was watching the Australian coverage so they are more likely to mention the Greenedge riders but the entire last few laps seemed to be,

rider x, off the greenedge next year, rider y, also off to greenedge next year etc

hats off to the GreenEdge riders for actually trying to animate the race

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Twitter talk says word on the streed is that Brajovic is leaving Radioshack. Could he be the type of guy Greenedge were talking about as their extra signings?

Sydney21 said:
Twitter talk says word on the streed is that Brajovic is leaving Radioshack. Could he be the type of guy Greenedge were talking about as their extra signings?

That would certainly plug a giant hole in their roster. If they get him and one more rider that doesn't suck at climbing then I would hold back on my whinging about their roster a little bit at least.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
That would certainly plug a giant hole in their roster. If they get him and one more rider that doesn't suck at climbing then I would hold back on my whinging about their roster a little bit at least.

Agree whole heartedly. Brajkovic plus either Rohregger or Felliu or a similar climber and GEs squad would be alot better. Not optimistic it will happen.

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
LukeSchmid said:
Agree whole heartedly. Brajkovic plus either Rohregger or Felliu or a similar climber and GEs squad would be alot better. Not optimistic it will happen.

Yea I want Fellieu I think he has a lot to offer a team like GE and GE has a lot to offer him but unfortunately he said his first preference would be to return to a french team. Rohregger is more likely as long as Pegasus hasn't scard him off I think.

Brajovic would be ideal and would give them a good chance of collecting WT points in a number of stage races that they could not do with their current roster.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Sydney21 said:
Yea I want Fellieu I think he has a lot to offer a team like GE and GE has a lot to offer him but unfortunately he said his first preference would be to return to a french team. Rohregger is more likely as long as Pegasus hasn't scard him off I think.

Brajovic would be ideal and would give them a good chance of collecting WT points in a number of stage races that they could not do with their current roster.

Forgot about Felliu's preference, thanks for the reminder. GE is in a much better situation than Pegasus ever was so hopefully that will not scare Rohregger or anybody off now. I could understand it happening at an earlier stage in GE's development.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
simo1733 said:
You lucky fellows, I wonder if he will bring the scarves.;)

Pashmina-Scarf-Nature-Green-Men_tn.jpg

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Sydney21 said:

Feillu younger is overrated. Greenedge are better without him.

Braj would be a nice signing tho.

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Feillu younger is overrated. Greenedge are better without him.

Braj would be a nice signing tho.

I dunno... anything that can climb a hill would be good. It sounds as if Braj isn't coming. They need a stage racer for WT points but they also need half-decent climbers like Fellieu and Rohregger or someone who could win from a break on a mountain stage in a GT other wise they will be completely anonymous when viewer numbers are at their highest. They dont even have to win they just need to be on TV if they want to attract sponsors at this stage.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
On August 30th Shayne Bannan denied rumours that Nygaard was joining Green Edge as media manager and insisted he hadn't even spoken with him. Four weeks later the announcement confirming that the earlier rumours were correct. Hmmmmm

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Sydney21 said:
I dunno... anything that can climb a hill would be good. It sounds as if Braj isn't coming. They need a stage racer for WT points but they also need half-decent climbers like Fellieu and Rohregger or someone who could win from a break on a mountain stage in a GT other wise they will be completely anonymous when viewer numbers are at their highest. They dont even have to win they just need to be on TV if they want to attract sponsors at this stage.

Romain is nothing special tho, there are way better riders out there. I don't feel comfortable even calling him a good climber, he isn't.

Weening, Gerrans etc are probably better, and they suck.

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
slartiblartfast said:
On August 30th Shayne Bannan denied rumours that Nygaard was joining Green Edge as media manager and insisted he hadn't even spoken with him. Four weeks later the announcement confirming that the earlier rumours were correct. Hmmmmm

well what do you expect him to do if he didn't deny it everyone on these forums and in the press would have pencilled it in as a done deal and then criticised it as the worst kept deal in cycling when it was released. Give the guy a break! He was just trying to do what was best by Brian and Leopard at the time.

Romain is nothing special tho, there are way better riders out there. I don't feel comfortable even calling him a good climber, he isn't.

Weening, Gerrans etc are probably better, and they suck.

a) His name is Brice
b) If nothing else he atleast looks like a climber :D

TRENDING THREADS